PDA

View Full Version : Ftbody advice

Rattler254
06-05-11, 05:28 PM
Hello Marines. I've been looking into being a marine for a while now and have started working out. I'm 5'8 at 222 lbs and want to get down to 185 . I used to be at 239 but with some work i trimmed it down. Point is, are there any former big boys here that have any tips or advice on reducing more weight? I.E longer distance runs, interval sprints. I'm kind of at a loss and have sort of been winging it so far. Thank you Gentlemen.

Lisa 23
06-05-11, 05:37 PM
This topic has been covered before. Try doing a seach in the poolee forum..........and google.

IHaveEGA843
06-05-11, 06:33 PM
I'm not a Marine *yet* but I was a fat body.

I went from 270 to 230 with dedication and alot of working out.

Running will burn the most fat off of you, cardio IS THE KEY. Do ATLEAST 30-40 min of cardio and keep that heart rate up. You can lift but do light weight high reps. Change that diet also, that will make a lot of difference also.

If you can search in the Poolee section because theres alot of great tips in there. Good luck on your weight loss and becoming a Marine!

chulaivet1966
06-05-11, 06:43 PM
Ok....check this thread to get you started:
http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=103475

Then...check this link to learn more:
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16

Perseverance and discipline will be required....how bad do you want to be a Marine?
Good luck...hope that helps.

IHaveEGA843
06-05-11, 07:09 PM
Perseverance and discipline will be required....how bad do you want to be a Marine?
Good luck...hope that helps.

What this Marine said is the best advice can given. How bad do you want to become a Marine, every time I was running sprints and wanted to stop I just thought about becoming a Marine and continuted to press on.

Plus the results will always give you a boost, when I saw the forming of abs I was like :scared:.

Rattler254
06-05-11, 07:47 PM
Thanks for the info Gentlemen.I'll be sure to look at these links.And yes i do push my self and have been on a good diet. And man...I can't fathom the thought of being anything else other than a Marine. This thread can be closed since it is already covered so much.

Sgt Leprechaun
06-06-11, 06:48 PM
Closed. FYI though..one of the Marines who responded to you....is a female Marine.

Lesson? Don't 'azzume' anything.

:)