PDA

View Full Version : wearing contacts during bc graduation?

SwatRaptor
06-03-11, 02:46 AM
I was wondering if it would be allowable to wear contacts(vs. glasses) during boot camp graduation?

I realize that I am not even enlisted yet, but I am in the process of filling out the paperwork and go to meps next week (assuming that Omaha doesn't get flooded). And assuming that I get accepted, I would be leaving in July with my younger brother in the buddy program (which i could aslo use some more detail on).

Thanks in advanced

Lisa 23
06-03-11, 07:18 AM
Last I knew, no contacts during graduation...afterwards, yes. And for the buddy program, try doing a search on the site, and google.

Yonkers
06-03-11, 08:09 AM
Couple of my buddies did it... it's no big deal... can just tell them you didn't want to wear your BCGs in your photos and stuff.. doubt theyll have a problem with it... least my senior didnt... since you don't have anymore training to do there's no reason not to... now when you get to ITB/MCT... thats a different story. DON'T wear your contacts there... you'll be in the field a lot and you don't want to damage your eyes... take your BCGs...

jp2usmc
06-03-11, 11:00 AM
That's about the only reason. Boot camp is all about learning to follow Marine Corps rules and regulations, so it isn't setting a great example to tell someone at their graduation that they can toss the rules to the wind.

Besides, you're a Marine. Don't get wrapped up in the fashion show.

SwatRaptor
06-04-11, 11:51 AM
ok, thanks

Caesar Augustus
06-04-11, 05:00 PM
Things must have changed. If you had asked such a dumb question they'd have laughed, then thrashed you.

Then again we had to dump out our foot lockers the day before graduation lol......

Maybe I'm bitter....