PDA

View Full Version : Prior Service from Europe

jjhill826
05-28-11, 05:41 PM
Hello,
Currently my husband is an active reservist while he is working as a civillian here in Germany. He has 1 year left on his civillian job and we are now talking about our next move.
He would love to re-join the corps and I would love for him too, but I have a lot of questions since we are living overseas.
Has anyone gone through this process? I believe he would have no problems re-enlisting since he is an active reservist right now and current on his drills - so he's passing weight, pft and all other areas that will come up. He might want to change his MOS but there's a chance he would stay with the same one. I would just like info on the process of it all. He will be calling the unit this upcoming week, but I wanted to hear from anyone else that has gone through this.
Thanks

Sgt Leprechaun
06-08-11, 04:12 AM
Changing from reserve back to active is a long process. His best bet believe it or not is to talk to his career planner as now is the time to do so. Please keep us updated on his progress.

jjhill826
06-08-11, 04:15 AM
Thank you very much. I will keep you posted. Right now I don't know what he is going to decide.