PDA

View Full Version : Question about my MOS. Communications/Electrician.

Patientlywaitin
05-22-11, 02:36 PM
First I have done a lot of un-refined research, looking for details and statistics on this MOS I have been picked to do, well I chose it as my 3rd choice.

I am just pretty nervous about the MOS because its such a huge field of jobs. As we all know, Field Radio Operator being one of the many jobs.

Not a job I really would desire, but if the Marine Corps needs me to do it, I am gonna be the best damn Field Radio Operator I can be.

Just curious if anyone know the chances of landing the Field Radio job compared to all the other ones.

I have heard that the communications/electrician MOS is 06xx and 11xx.

Thanks for your time Marines, sorry about the long post just wanted to be as detailed as possible so I don't leave some people questioning me.

The main reason I did not go 03xx: Just didn't wanna be a grunt and I want to have a trade/skill when I come out of the corps. Which is why kinda landing the Field Radio job kinda slaps me in the face with that not wanting to be in the infantry lol. Thanks Marines.

;)

Patientlywaitin
05-22-11, 02:47 PM
Im not really sure I made my question clear, sorry I just ramble I suppose.

How do the Marine Corps needs of Field Radio Operators, compare to those of the other jobs.

Do I have a greater chance of getting it or not sure? Thanks.

Patientlywaitin
05-22-11, 02:58 PM
Yes sir, I will. Only reason I double posted, I double checked my post and it sounded a bit tossed around.

Patientlywaitin
05-22-11, 03:25 PM
That's fine, it wasn't double posting. Double posting is when someone asks a question in, for instance, Open Squad Bay, then not getting an answer right away, comes to Ask A Marine and asks the same question, or vice versa.
All you did was to clarify something, no big deal, but it's not double posting, just so you know.
I PMd a recruiter so when he logs on, he will probably take a look in here and answer your question.

And besides, most of our answers are "tossed around", sometimes quite a bit, like mine. LOL

Ok well that gives me some clarity! Thanks! At least I know some people will be able to understand me!

afraziaaaa
05-23-11, 10:48 AM
First I have done a lot of un-refined research, looking for details and statistics on this MOS I have been picked to do, well I chose it as my 3rd choice.

I am just pretty nervous about the MOS because its such a huge field of jobs. As we all know, Field Radio Operator being one of the many jobs.

Not a job I really would desire, but if the Marine Corps needs me to do it, I am gonna be the best damn Field Radio Operator I can be.

Just curious if anyone know the chances of landing the Field Radio job compared to all the other ones.

I have heard that the communications/electrician MOS is 06xx and 11xx.

Thanks for your time Marines, sorry about the long post just wanted to be as detailed as possible so I don't leave some people questioning me.

The main reason I did not go 03xx: Just didn't wanna be a grunt and I want to have a trade/skill when I come out of the corps. Which is why kinda landing the Field Radio job kinda slaps me in the face with that not wanting to be in the infantry lol. Thanks Marines.

;)

Field radio is one of the larger MOSs in that program, so naturally the chances are higher of getting that job than most of the others. As far as specific statistics go, there are none so you might as well just hope for the best and prepare for the worst. (Worst meaning not your desired job. There are obviously far worse scenarios to be had.)

EchoFifeSerria
05-23-11, 01:59 PM
25xx or now the 06xx field was my 3rd choice as well, and I served as a Radio Operator for our beloved Corps and fell that it is the best job in the Marines. Field radio communication was (when I was in) going more to encrypted Satellite Communication, so I think that your chances of finding a job with the skills that you learn in this field are quite high. In my carer as a radio operator, I got to work with many different units and learned a little about every unit I was supporting. It was great networking, especially in the LCpl underground. Like any job in the Marines, it is what you make it. If you don't go on any deployments, and get stuck at the shop PMing gear and being on phone watch, yeah, it will suck.

Patientlywaitin
05-23-11, 02:33 PM
Thank you Staff Sergeant! And thank you Marine Echo. I will just hope I get the best job that I can do the best to serve the Marine Corps. I just really didn't know that it would get me into this field. If I really wanted to do something like that I should have went infantry. But my EL score was the lowest of all my scores I think I dont get why they would stick me in there with the lowest EL score, I had like 103 or something like that but ya gt score was 111 mm 114. So I mean I didnt do bad. But I still want to be in something that I can do outside of the Corps. Thanks everyone, if I get it I will just be good at it, I would hate to be stuck to an infantry group and or be stuck cleaning my gear. But guess I should just focus on boot camp coming up. It'll be a while before anything happens anyway!

Thanks Marines. Semper Fidelis.

Lisa 23
05-23-11, 02:35 PM
Thanks Marines. Semper Fidelis.

[Poolee Rules] Attention New Poolee & Wannabe Members

Rule Six never use the words Semper Fi, Semper Fidelis or OORAH you do not rate that here until you have earned the title of United States Marine!

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28989&page=2

Patientlywaitin
05-23-11, 02:45 PM
I tried to and unfortunately I can not edit my post no longer then 10 seconds after it's posted, I realized that I shouldn't have done that.