PDA

View Full Version : I am joining the marines.

the tao
05-10-11, 10:30 PM
No direction in life, I got kicked out college while studying physics, I got burned out a few months ago. I got accepted back into a college, I still can't find the focus, and I feel like I have a restless soul. (Please don't attempt to get me to stay in school). If you're wondering, I don't do drugs and I'm not lazy. That is not why I got burned out. I have a steady job and I work hard.

I was originally all set to join the air force, and it wasn't until I watched a documentary on the Marines did I change my mind.

Anyways, I have a few questions. How do you deal with parents who think you're making a horrible mistake? Also, anyone have a witty and sarcastic answer to tell people why I am joining? I'm sick and tired of having to give people valid reasons only for them to tell me that I am throwing my life away.

Any words of advice will help. Any comment will do. Do your worst.

Sgt Leprechaun
05-10-11, 10:58 PM
1: No profile. Thus, this will shortly go the way of the dinosaur and the flintlock.

2: Marines are all about rules. READ OURS. ALL of them. You posted in the wrong forum.

3: Once you complete those things, this question will magically re-appear...Poof!