PDA

View Full Version : Becoming a Marine

USMC030393
05-08-11, 03:46 PM
Good afternoon all,

I am about 30 days out from my boot date and was wondering if some the most respected people this world has ever seen could help me a little bit.

Since I have joined the DEP last May, I have been working instance to get to where you all have already got. In my last month, any specific workouts you would suggest? I am currently running all the time, doing pull ups, working on strength and conditioning, but just curious of any specific things would help?

I have just completed a "Warrior's Challenge" yesterday and had a great time and did very well. I am extremely pumped for this experience and any information that you are willing to give will be used well.

God Bless America and all of our soldiers and I highly appreciate any suggestion at all the marines can give me.

Neal Bakker

Tennessee Top
05-08-11, 05:00 PM
Soldiers are in the army but I suppose God can bless them too.

Sounds like you are pretty prepared physically and motivated which is good. You should've ran a couple IST's by now but you didn't post any scores so can't see where you need improvement if any. No need to over-train at this late point and risk injury which may prevent you from shipping.

Just stay focused on your goals, stay out of trouble, and don't do anything stupid like getting a tattoo, smoking dope, or knocking up your girlfriend.

Good luck to you.

USMC030393
05-08-11, 05:11 PM
Yes sir, god bless our members of the united states military*!

My IST I did yesterday:
Run: 9:56
Sit ups: 144
Pull ups: 15

I feel I can get better on the pull ups and run in this last month.
Thank you for your service sir.

Neal Bakker

lamanognr86
05-08-11, 06:14 PM
To increase pullups, do weighted pullups. Working out your back, bis, and forearms are key. Do not strive for 20. Strive for more, so that everytime you do a PFT, you can guarentee 20.

Anybody can do 20 pullups. Dedication, goals and the correct routine will get you there. I can do 31 with pt gear and 26 with boots and utes. My current goal is 40.

For your last month, do pullups with added weight connected to a belt. IT WORKS.
Good Luck

USMC030393
05-08-11, 06:20 PM
To increase pullups, do weighted pullups. Working out your back, bis, and forearms are key. Do not strive for 20. Strive for more, so that everytime you do a PFT, you can guarentee 20.

Anybody can do 20 pullups. Dedication, goals and the correct routine will get you there. I can do 31 with pt gear and 26 with boots and utes. My current goal is 40.

For your last month, do pullups with added weight connected to a belt. IT WORKS.
Good Luck

Thank you sir. I honestly never thought of adding weight to my pull ups.