PDA

View Full Version : Convicted? No never convicted.

tom waite
05-07-11, 04:12 PM
Hello Marines. <br />
<br />
This is my first post. Sorry ahead of time if I didn't fill out my profile properly. I also see a lot of rules requesting you to make it clear what you are(poolee, wannabe, family,...

03Mike
05-07-11, 04:57 PM
Get a letter from your attorney explaining the circumstances. If your case resulted as you say, then there should be no issues and no need for any waivers. The charges were dropped - end of story....

michagnu
05-07-11, 08:02 PM
Concur.

tom waite
05-07-11, 09:01 PM
I can't thank you gentlemen enough. I had my concerns that it was to push me into the reserves. He said he made mission for active duty for this month and next, but could get me into the reserves. Do you think thats why he is giving me a hard time?

In the Marine Corp's eyes wouldn't the enlistment qualifications be the same for Active Duty and Reserves?

03Mike
05-07-11, 09:15 PM
In the Marine Corp's eyes wouldn't the enlistment qualifications be the same for Active Duty and Reserves?

Nope - different pots of money from Congress. Active duty funding is separate from Reserve funding (except when Reservists are activated).

Just some food for thought - have you considered talking to the recruiter near your home in Ohio? Might not have made mission yet.

tom waite
05-07-11, 09:42 PM
Nope - different pots of money from Congress. Active duty funding is separate from Reserve funding (except when Reservists are activated).

Just some food for thought - have you considered talking to the recruiter near your home in Ohio? Might not have made mission yet.

I live in Massachusetts. Are you suggesting I find another recruiter? I can't imagine the dimension of ****ed off my current one would be in. I'd like to try to work it out again first. But I know what I want. I had mentioned joining the Navy if the Marines didn't want me and he got pretty whipped up so I am sort of treading lightly.

03Mike
05-08-11, 08:52 AM
I live in Massachusetts. Are you suggesting I find another recruiter? I can't imagine the dimension of ****ed off my current one would be in. I'd like to try to work it out again first. But I know what I want. I had mentioned joining the Navy if the Marines didn't want me and he got pretty whipped up so I am sort of treading lightly.

Tom, if he's telling you that you can't go active because he doesn't have any available slots, and therefore you have to go reserve, then I think it would be appropriate to ask him if he thinks it would be necessary for you to go to a recruiter in another state to find an availabe active duty slot. Chances are: 1) He'll get ****ed, and 2) He'll find an active duty slot for you.

That being said, there are a couple of recruiters who frequent this site, and they might be able to give you better insight.

03Mike
05-08-11, 08:53 AM
I live in Massachusetts.

Sorry - got the wires in my brain crossed.

tom waite
05-08-11, 01:01 PM
Tom, if he's telling you that you can't go active because he doesn't have any available slots, and therefore you have to go reserve, then I think it would be appropriate to ask him if he thinks it would be necessary for you to go to a recruiter in another state to find an availabe active duty slot. Chances are: 1) He'll get ****ed, and 2) He'll find an active duty slot for you.

That being said, there are a couple of recruiters who frequent this site, and they might be able to give you better insight.

Thank you. I appreciate the help. I didn't want to post what seemed like such a redundant topic, but knew I could get a better answer here. I will keep this thread updated for anybody else who might have a similar issue.