PDA

View Full Version : MP question

Derreck
05-05-11, 04:14 PM
First off I was wondering if everyone really hates the MP's or it just the young immature ones? I figure if you honor the Marine Corps values then you shouldn't mind a MP because you aren't doing anything wrong. Anyways I was just wondering how it all goes being a MP etc. Thanks for any/all advice

devilbones2
05-05-11, 05:57 PM
Let me tell you a story of MPs. When my wife was 9.5 months pregnant we were driving through the front gate at Camp Pendleton. It was a new (to us) car and the registration was in the glovvy. I asked her to get it out and she had to take off her seatbelt because she was ready to go. PFC walks to the car and asks us to pull over and proceeds to take 35 minutes to write me a ticket for her not having her seatbelt on. Needless to say I had my Gunny take care of this, but yeah everyone hates MPs.

Derreck
05-05-11, 07:43 PM
Dang because I ship out in 3 days mos5800 lol

Sgt Leprechaun
05-05-11, 07:54 PM
They only hate the STUPID, badge heavy ones. Don't let it go to your head..and remember this, you are NOT the 'real' PO-Lice out in town. <br />
<br />
I always, always, confiscated any MP badge that was...

SSgtRSD
05-05-11, 08:20 PM
You have a good MOS, don't worry. Plus the Marine Corps is going, if not gone, away from the base MP days. That is all being taken over by civilians. Go on Marines.mil and find the Commandant's force structure review. It hits on the direction the MP field is going. You are going to get some good training. Good luck at boot camp!

Derreck
05-05-11, 09:57 PM
Thanks Marines your support and knowledge is a great help to me. I hope to speak to you all in a tad over 13weeks as a Marine. God bless you all

Sgt Leprechaun
05-05-11, 10:07 PM
Good Luck!!!!

lavgunman
05-06-11, 06:43 PM
Most MP s are going to Law Enforcement Battalions anyhow and will be in the field more, and Civilians are taking over the PMO side.

Devil1087
05-06-11, 06:57 PM
Dang because I ship out in 3 days mos5800 lol

inb4 you're a brig guard.