PDA

View Full Version : Mojave Viper length.

domheu117
05-04-11, 11:25 PM
Hello Marines, I am a poolee about to ship to boot camp in a month and I just have some questions that need some clearing up. I was able to find a lot of other threads and posts on Mojave Viper but nothing that catered to my specific questions.

The reserve unit I will be assigned to, after all of my training is done, will supposedly be deployed to Afghanistan in 2013. From my understanding every unit that is to be deployed to Afghanistan has to go through Mojave Viper. Through research I was able to find out that Mojave Viper training is 30 days long, correct me if I'm wrong.

Deployments can be anywhere from 6-12 months.
Is this including Mojave Viper training?
AND, Being that I am going into the reserves will my duration of training at Mojave Viper be longer than that of an active duty Marine?

Thank you in advance Marines for the info.

DanM
05-04-11, 11:30 PM
The last time I stepped on one,it was about 4 feet long.

Sgt Leprechaun
05-04-11, 11:39 PM
No, your training time will be indentical. Deployment time does NOT include 'add on' training such as Mojave Viper, etc.

When you get activated for the deployment, likely as not, it will be for a year.

domheu117
05-04-11, 11:51 PM
No, your training time will be indentical. Deployment time does NOT include 'add on' training such as Mojave Viper, etc.

When you get activated for the deployment, likely as not, it will be for a year.

Thank you for the answer sir, I appreciate it.

I don't know sir, I believe that we are going to be in Afghanistan for years to come. Like they say, "No end in site." And, do all reserve units deploy for a minimum 12 months?

Sgt Leprechaun
05-05-11, 12:09 AM
I quite frankly don't know. Remember, the length of the deployment is NOT the time you will be activated for. 6-7 months is the typical length of deployment, NOT your length of activation. There are pre-deployment workups, post deployment de-briefings, etc. All that has to be accounted for. A year is a good marker to work from but isn't set in stone.

domheu117
05-05-11, 12:28 AM
I quite frankly don't know. Remember, the length of the deployment is NOT the time you will be activated for. 6-7 months is the typical length of deployment, NOT your length of activation. There are pre-deployment workups, post deployment de-briefings, etc. All that has to be accounted for. A year is a good marker to work from but isn't set in stone.

Thank you for the info again sir. I really appreciate you taking the time to answer my questions and provide me with helpful information.

Sgt Leprechaun
05-05-11, 12:47 AM
No worries. That's why we are here :)

YourPhoneIsMine
05-05-11, 01:50 AM
3-4 weeks for EMV depending on what kind of unit you're with and your MOS. last one I just did had the squadron on site for 22 days but they no doubt had their reservists working a few days before and after back at their home base

may also depend on if your entire unit goes or if you get sent there as an augment

weapons124
05-05-11, 09:44 PM
you have not even earned the title Marine yet. The last thing you need to concern yourself with is mojave viper. Especially since your reserve unit is slated for 2013, if they/you even go.

rundegrun
05-06-11, 12:52 PM
For me (as a 0313 Reservist), Enhanced Mojave Viper was almost 4 months, 10 days home, then 7 months deployed. Your mileage may vary, but our orders were for 400 days total (this includes post deployment), most guys served close to 365 for the GI benefits; I did the complete 400 while I looked for a new job.

Good question though, I've seen a lot of people concern themselves with the stuff like boot, soi and after schools, but it doesn't stop there.

My driver deployed straight from LAV school. In fact, we started our workup when he graduated. Poor little guy hadn't been "civilized" for almost 2 years when we finally got back from Afghanistan.

Sgt Leprechaun
05-09-11, 05:51 PM
PERFECT answer to end this one.