PDA

View Full Version : height restrictions

Jacob824
05-04-11, 07:35 PM
Which MOS's have height restrictions? I have searched and have only found issues with being a jet pilot. Any knowledge on this would be great as I begin to narrow my focus start setting my sights on firming up an open contract! I am 6'3+ and wanted an air ground MOS and was told that my height was an issue, intell is not open and I don't even remember my 3rd choice now but it was closed as well.

USNAviator
05-04-11, 08:40 PM
Which MOS's have height restrictions? I have searched and have only found issues with being a jet pilot. Any knowledge on this would be great as I begin to narrow my focus start setting my sights on firming up an open contract! I am 6'3+ and wanted an air ground MOS and was told that my height was an issue, intell is not open and I don't even remember my 3rd choice now but it was closed as well.

That is definitely a tough call. You've correctly ruled out aviation but I'm suspecting armor is out as well

In over my head here. Best for you to talk to a recruiter and good luck

USNAviator
05-04-11, 08:47 PM
Is that a pun, Commander, given the title of the thread???

LOL no in one of the few times in my adult life I was being serious!!!! Nice catch Dave!!!!!!

Tookie22
05-04-11, 08:51 PM
google Marine MOS list.there is an " about.usmil" website the about.com website has all the information you need. Dont worry im 5'1'' I wanted to do aviation ordanance, mp, motor t. sb ill get the link

Tookie22
05-04-11, 08:52 PM
http://usmilitary.about.com/od/enlistedjo2/a/marinejobs.htm
broken down into fields then specific mos

Jacob824
05-06-11, 10:31 PM
http://usmilitary.about.com/od/enlistedjo2/a/marinejobs.htm
broken down into fields then specific mos
This is an excellent website - Thank you all who replied. I still found no height restrictions listed except for pilots. I did talk to my recruiter and he mentioned getting a list of all available MOS's. He casually mentioned that 2800 was open with a signing bonus of 10,000. Not sure...

Tookie22
05-07-11, 11:08 AM
2800 Techs. Great MOS when one of my radios goes down and needs to be fixed I fill out an ERO and techs get that thing working asap. Dont do it just for the bonus though. Its a good job and all but do what makes you happy not the cash

Jacob824
05-07-11, 06:22 PM
2800 Techs. Great MOS when one of my radios goes down and needs to be fixed I fill out an ERO and techs get that thing working asap. Dont do it just for the bonus though. Its a good job and all but do what makes you happy not the cash
I agree that the bonus should not be the reason. The hard part for me is that I have no clue what I want to do. There is stuff I know I don't want to do that is about as far as it goes. I am meeting with my recruiter this week to look at some options and see what happens. Thank you.

Tookie22
05-07-11, 06:46 PM
NP. Your recruiter will be able to sit you down, pull out those tags and break everything down for you. They are very smart when it comes to the Corps. Best of luck.