PDA

View Full Version : Dental Bridge

bblevins2010
05-03-11, 03:51 PM
Here's the deal, I've waited a year and a half to get into the Marine Corps due to needing a waiver for my LASIK. I just went to MEPS yesterday and got inspected and thought I was good to go swear in. Apparently since my hand doesn't cover my tattoo by half an inch I have to get a tattoo waiver. Supposed to hear back in 48 hours and its almost a sure thing it will be approved. I just realized that I never mentioned that I have a dental bridge for a single tooth that I honestly forgot about until today. Will this require another waiver or should I just tell my recruiter or just not mention anything?

Cpl Heglar
05-03-11, 04:20 PM
I do not think it is worth mentioning. I am very surprised that tat's are such a big issue. My best friend Brian Rebello got 7 while he was in the Corps. He got the first in Millington Tn of a Bulldog with a Campain Cover with USMC on its right shoulder. After that anything that had USMC on it he had to have.

Phantom Blooper
05-03-11, 04:33 PM
Mention it to the recruiter and go from there.

When you ship to a depot...the dental personell will give an exam....and you should have it documented that you have a bridge in case they want to make a mouth guard.

Pick your brain and tell your recruiter anything else you forgot to mention.

Telling and documenting and if need be a waiver is better than sitting on the sidelines waiting to go home....when your fellow poolees and recruits are waiting to graduate.

Rocky C
05-03-11, 06:29 PM
Mention it to the recruiter and go from there.

When you ship to a depot...the dental personell will give an exam....and you should have it documented that you have a bridge in case they want to make a mouth guard.

Pick your brain and tell your recruiter anything else you forgot to mention.

Telling and documenting and if need be a waiver is better than sitting on the sidelines waiting to go home....when your fellow poolees and recruits are waiting to graduate.

Great Advice :thumbup:.

Tennessee Top
05-03-11, 06:48 PM
:thumbup::thumbup:

bblevins2010
05-03-11, 07:52 PM
Thank you very much everyone...I'll mention it to him next time I talk to him. Hopefully it's not another waiver!!! :scared: