PDA

View Full Version : Tattoo Regulations Post-Bootcamp

SoonToBe3521
04-30-11, 11:51 AM
I searched and couldn't find the answer, so here goes.

What are the rules regarding tattoos after you've already finished bootcamp? I don't mean in terms of moto tattoos, but just in general. Are you allowed to get them wherever, or is it still the "nowhere that can be seen in uniform", or even not at all? Thanks in advance.

-A. Jarrah

Devil1087
04-30-11, 12:30 PM
no sleeves, no neck basically

can't be racist, sexist, and now probably homophobic.

YourPhoneIsMine
04-30-11, 01:18 PM
pretty sure this is the most recent revision of the policy

http://www.marines.mil/news/messages/Pages/MARADMIN029-10.aspx

Old Marine
04-30-11, 01:19 PM
Same MCO applies. My question is this, why would it be any different whether in boot camp or after boot camp? Duh!

SoonToBe3521
04-30-11, 01:44 PM
Same MCO applies. My question is this, why would it be any different whether in boot camp or after boot camp? Duh!

Well I meant because to even enlist now, if you have tattoos you either get told to have them laser removed and try again, or you have to get a waiver. So I'm not taking any chances and getting the one I want now lol

SGT7477
04-30-11, 02:20 PM
Well I meant because to even enlist now, if you have tattoos you either get told to have them laser removed and try again, or you have to get a waiver. So I'm not taking any chances and getting the one I want now lol
That would be a smart choice, Semper Fidelis.:evilgrin:

Old Marine
04-30-11, 06:15 PM

BINGO.:evilgrin: