PDA

View Full Version : discharge?

BenV
04-27-11, 09:14 PM
i am a poole and my recruiter said that if i didnt go to a poole function next weekend i can be discharged. I understand its the biggest one of the year and everyone is expected to be there but i...

michagnu
04-27-11, 09:23 PM
You have to be a Marine to be discharged from the Marine Corps.

BenV
04-27-11, 09:24 PM
okay. thank you. but thats what my recruiter told me

BenV
04-27-11, 09:25 PM
okay. thank you. but thats what my recruiter told me.

Lisa 23
04-27-11, 09:55 PM
I'm sure your recruiter meant discharging you from the DEP.

Have you been participating in monthly poolee functions/meetings? If not, this may be the reason why your recruiter insists on you being at this poolee function/meeting.

m14ed
04-27-11, 11:32 PM
^^^^^Pardon my younger green brothers statement above it doesn't cover your situation. <br />
<br />
Poolee's can be &quot;removed&quot; from the &quot;delayed entry program&quot; reguardless of what word they use to describe...

michagnu
04-28-11, 12:31 AM
Thanks to
SoftballCatch23 (http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/member.php?u=47018)
and
m14ed (http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/member.php?u=54467)
I pulled the trigger before checking the sight picture.

If your question is if they kick you out of the Delayed Entry Program then the answer is yes they can. It would affect how you might be able to join (but wouldn't absolutely prevent joining) after being removed from DEP. My apologies for any confusion.

Cpl Heglar
04-28-11, 07:40 AM
BenV I suggest you get the priorities straight in your life. If your personal responsibilites out weight joining the most elite military force in the world then by all means miss your poolee meeting but be prepared to not be a part of the DEP program any longer. Do you want to be a Marine or not is the question you have to answer for yourself, Some people are just not cut out for it. I was in the DEP program and made every Poolee meeting because it was priority 1 in my life. I had a fiance that was whining about me leaving and I never spoke to her again.

Cpl Kev

YourPhoneIsMine
04-28-11, 12:01 PM
lol poolee functions are not mandatory. if he actually tries to remove/eject/discharge/separate/whatever you from the DEP then find another recruiter <br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
oh ****ing please. poolee functions do not...

BenV
04-28-11, 12:18 PM
Who can I ask to talk to that would be above my recruiter so I can see if it's not as big of a deal as hes making it seem. And if it came down to it how can I get a new recruiter?

Rocky C
04-28-11, 12:25 PM
Why are you registered on this Forum as a " Marine Friend " instead of Poolee/DEP ?

You might want to square that sh*t away now !!!

BenV
04-28-11, 12:29 PM
Does it really matter right now? I just didn't wanna give other information out. I would like to just get the answer I asked for please.

Cpl Heglar
04-28-11, 12:35 PM
oh ****ing please. poolee functions do not mean jack crap once you're in boot camp.

Obviously Poolee functions mean alot to his recruiter thus the threat. I would not be so quick at to take the threat lightly.

BenV I would attend the function at all cost if you want to be a Marine. The Marine Corp is a really small organization and I am sure your recruiter would not be happy if you went over his head. Go over a superiors head at your own peril.

Rocky C
04-28-11, 12:36 PM
Does it really matter right now? I just didn't wanna give other information out. I would like to just get the answer I asked for please.

Read the rules of the Forum.

If you are in the DEP fill out your profile as such or you will be Bounced out of here.

No wonder your having problems already :evilgrin:.

Tennessee Top
04-28-11, 02:22 PM
You are not Marine Corps material yet. I realize you are still a slimey civilian but indications are you want it both ways; your way first and then the Marine Corps way. Truth is...there is only one way (and it ain't yours).

And yes, it does matter if you follow site rules because if you can't follow the simple rules here now, how in the hell do you expect to follow the strict rules at bootcamp? Do you expect to go over the heads of your DI's when you have a personal conflict...really? If you ever make it to the fleet, do you expect to go over the heads of your NCO's every time you have a personal conflict? You need a wake-up call and it's coming real soon.

You think you have problems now...go ahead and fire your recruiter...there will be no doubts afterwards.

It takes plenty of sacrafice to earn the title and not everyone can do it. You need to begin getting your priorities straight. Just how high up on your priority list is becoming a Marine (doesn't sound very high to me or at least not as high as other stuff; your recruiter is trying to change that).

YourPhoneIsMine
04-28-11, 02:32 PM
Why are you registered on this Forum as a " Marine Friend " instead of Poolee/DEP ?

You might want to square that sh*t away now !!!

chill pill, it's the internet. :angel:

Who can I ask to talk to that would be above my recruiter so I can see if it's not as big of a deal as hes making it seem. And if it came down to it how can I get a new recruiter?

you could find another recruiting office in the area. technically he does have the option of removing you from the dep but it doesn't prevent another recruiting from taking your package and working with it.

it's up to you to prioritize the situation but one thing I can promise you is that the instant you step on the footprints no one gives a flying ****doodle how many poolee functions you went to.

Obviously Poolee functions mean alot to his recruiter thus the threat. I would not be so quick at to take the threat lightly.

BenV I would attend the function at all cost if you want to be a Marine. The Marine Corp is a really small organization and I am sure your recruiter would not be happy if you went over his head. Go over a superiors head at your own peril.

Maybe his recruiter needs to get his priorities straight. Some people have **** in their lives to take care of like school or work or even family functions. The Marine Corps is not a small enough organization that he has to really concern himself with ****ing off one solitary recruiter. As long as he does it respectfully then there's little to worry about.

Enlisting into the military does not require one to relinquish everything else in their lives before they've even taken the first step. Relax. Not that big of a deal.

YourPhoneIsMine
04-28-11, 02:35 PM
And yes, it does matter if you follow site rules because if you can't follow the simple rules here now, how in the hell do you expect to follow the strict rules at bootcamp? Do you expect to go over the heads of your DI's when you have a personal conflict...really? If you ever make it to the fleet, do you expect to go over the heads of your NCO's every time you have a personal conflict? You need a wake-up call and it's coming real soon.

This is so silly and it can only come from people who didn't grow up with the internet so I understand. But seriously, ignoring the rules on an internet forum does not translate to having problem in boot camp.

ben: check your email

joseywales
04-28-11, 02:44 PM
ask ask the great Swami, your phone is mine, he or she will gladly degrade others in order to answer any and all question pertaining to anything in the world
please remember that the great Swami has all answers

YourPhoneIsMine
04-28-11, 02:49 PM
RAH!

rah rah rah ah ah
roma romama

BadAce2212
04-28-11, 02:54 PM
This is so silly and it can only come from people who didn't grow up with the internet so I understand. But seriously, ignoring the rules on an internet forum does not translate to having problem in boot camp.

No,it might not translate into having problems in boot, but the point that Top is trying to make LCpl is that if you cant follow something simple like obeying rules that are posted very clearly because you just dont want to, clearly show a lack of respect and discipline. Whether its a big deal or not, rules are rules and are in place for a reason. It's imperative that the poolee learn how to follow orders. I would be HIGHLY ****ed off if one of my Pvt's or PFC's told me what they were and were not going to do after I made it very clear what they are to do. It's not all about this forum, the poolee clearly shows he has a problem with taking orders and that has to change.

Cpl Heglar
04-28-11, 03:45 PM
You are not Marine Corps material yet. I realize you are still a slimey civilian but indications are you want it both ways; your way first and then the Marine Corps way. Truth is...there is only one way (and it ain't yours).

You think you have problems now...go ahead and fire your recruiter...there will be no doubts afterwards.

It takes plenty of sacrafice to earn the title and not everyone can do it. You need to begin getting your priorities straight. Just how high up on your priority list is becoming a Marine (doesn't sound very high to me or at least not as high as other stuff; your recruiter is trying to change that).

Very nicely stated Top. I was going to tear directly into this kid but decided to take a less abrasive avenue of approach. Hopefully he will repriortize the meeting and become a Marine but in all likely hood he will do as the great Swami said and go find a new recruiter in another town. Then his original recruiter will see him on a poolee list and make the dreadful call.

All that we can do is make suggestions that's why it is called ask a Marine. I do miss the azz chewings I got from Sgt Maj. Simpkonez when ever he was having a bad day. He used me as a sounding board for therapy I suppose. Thanks for your service Top!

YourPhoneIsMine
04-28-11, 04:05 PM
No,it might not translate into having problems in boot, but the point that Top is trying to make LCpl is that if you cant follow something simple like obeying rules that are posted very clearly because you just dont want to, clearly show a lack of respect and discipline. Whether its a big deal or not, rules are rules and are in place for a reason. It's imperative that the poolee learn how to follow orders. I would be HIGHLY ****ed off if one of my Pvt's or PFC's told me what they were and were not going to do after I made it very clear what they are to do. It's not all about this forum, the poolee clearly shows he has a problem with taking orders and that has to change.

Or it could just be the fact that young people who grew up with the internet don't tend to read site TOSes and forum rules.

The only way this is an issue is if someone is incapable of separating the internet from real life, in which case that kind of person probably isn't someone you want to handle a rifle to in the first place because they think the world is like call of duty. Or battlefield 2 but really, EA has been sucking it up lately.

Tennessee Top
04-28-11, 04:48 PM
Well, The Great Swami (aka Fatty) is all about making nice with the poolees and wannabes. Let's not upset the poor little things and heaven forbid their feelings get hurt. Afterall, the USMC is just another service, nothing special about it. The recruiters are only salesmen doing their job; nothing special about them and no need to show them any respect. If you're not happy with the customer service just go shop somewhere else. It's not really about the USMC; it's all about what the kids want. Us dinosaurs who grew up without the benefit of the internet are just silly and irrelevant in his eyes. I suppose years of experience, sacrafice/loss, service, and esprit de corps don't count for much in Swami's world.

Let's hear it Swami...RAH RAH roma romma (whatever that means).

YourPhoneIsMine
04-28-11, 05:01 PM
Well, The Great Swami (aka Fatty) is all about making nice with the poolees and wannabes. Let's not upset the poor little things and heaven forbid their feelings get hurt. Afterall, the USMC is just another service, nothing special about it. The recruiters are only salesmen doing their job; nothing special about them and no need to show them any respect. If you're not happy with the customer service just go shop somewhere else. It's not really about the USMC; it's all about what the kids want. Us dinosaurs who grew up without the benefit of the internet are just silly and irrelevant in his eyes. I suppose years of experience, sacrafice/loss, service, and esprit de corps don't count for much in Swami's world.

There's plenty special about the USMC but there are special things about other services as well. We're all on the same team. :marine:

Marine1011
04-28-11, 05:15 PM
oorah to The Great Swami, I mean, anchors aweigh, I mean Blue yonder, i forgot , they're all the same

YourPhoneIsMine
04-28-11, 06:03 PM
Because pointing out that we all take the same oath to serve the same country and that each branch has its own specialty is clearly another way of saying we're all the same.

Rah, devil hunden. Rah.

Joel70
04-28-11, 10:41 PM
typical tough guy wannabe. usmc is a good organization overall, but in many respects, its not run very smartly.

afraziaaaa
04-29-11, 08:24 AM

Top,

Thanks for taking the time to set this young man straight. Some of the other comments in this thread are very disheartening.

Cpl Heglar
04-29-11, 08:36 AM

All Hail the Great Swami....All Knowing All Seeing All Persuasive.

Bricka Bracka Firecracker Shish Boom Bah...Great Swami Great Swami Rah rah RAH!!!!

Marine3451
04-29-11, 12:50 PM
If I recall correctly you sign a inital contract and swear into the DEP and agree to make at least monthly contact with your recruiter and attend functions as needed. just because you don't feel like going isn't a valid reason not to go. Yes you can be bounced out of the dep because quite frankly the Marine Corps isnt hurting for numbers.

YourPhoneisMine are you getting out of the Marines any time Soon because your stinking up the place. I truly hope you dont talk to your NCO's and SNCO's like you do on here. But since you can hide behind the internet there are no reprocussions for your actions or so you think. The fact that you will come on here and so disrespectfully discredit your fellow Marines in front of a poolee speaks tons about your Charicter. But hey your a salty Lance Coolie, you got the Corps by the balls.

Cpl Heglar
04-29-11, 12:59 PM
Nicely stated Devil Dog. I have had an issue with his arrogance since day 1.

joseywales
04-29-11, 01:06 PM
A lot of you people have no way of knowing the inside scoop and that is that yourphoneismine, also known as The Great Swami, this IS his MOS!!!!!!
To be on the Internet during his duty hours. It is a little known MOS but he does a great job, give a big big hand for The Great Swami

Marine3451
04-29-11, 01:07 PM
Nicely stated Devil Dog. I have had an issue with his arrogance since day 1.

All I know is if I had a junior Marine acting like that in my section I would have a good time playing games after work." You wanna be stupid...Good, be standing infront of your barracks room door at 1730 in green on green we have some cleaning that needs to be done".

Cpl Heglar
04-29-11, 02:03 PM
All hail the great Swami....

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQy-fRtyYqK8XHPthRKtce1NIP8Q1RSBS862JcsMR13xh8gdWUSjwq rKQ

YourPhoneIsMine
04-29-11, 03:30 PM
YourPhoneisMine are you getting out of the Marines any time Soon because your stinking up the place. I truly hope you dont talk to your NCO's and SNCO's like you do on here. But since you can hide behind the internet there are no reprocussions for your actions or so you think. The fact that you will come on here and so disrespectfully discredit your fellow Marines in front of a poolee speaks tons about your Charicter. But hey your a salty Lance Coolie, you got the Corps by the balls.

Nah, sticking around. And none of my NCOs act like some do here. I respect them as people in addition to respecting their ranks.

I think it's important for poolees to a see a sampling of the entire Marine Corps, not just the ones who can't see its flaws.

A lot of you people have no way of knowing the inside scoop and that is that yourphoneismine, also known as The Great Swami, this IS his MOS!!!!!!
To be on the Internet during his duty hours. It is a little known MOS but he does a great job, give a big big hand for The Great Swami
How do you know what my duty hours are?

joseywales
04-29-11, 03:56 PM
You slipped twice and told us you were on duty.
You can say, when you retire after 20, I spent 20 on the computer telling Marines who know more than I do, how to talk, act, think.
Hail hail to the Great Swami, knows all, sees all, tells all.

YourPhoneIsMine
04-29-11, 04:03 PM
Care to point to where I slipped? And more importantly, do you think that duty hours are static and never change?

I don't think I can do that because I haven't encountered any that know more than I do. :bunny:

PJones64
04-29-11, 04:09 PM
an answer for everything like a true great swami

YourPhoneIsMine
04-29-11, 04:29 PM
ALL HAIL ME

free tibet! with purchase of equal or lesser value

Tennessee Top
04-29-11, 04:37 PM
Top,

Thanks for taking the time to set this young man straight. Some of the other comments in this thread are very disheartening.

Staff Sergeant,

If I am correct, you are an active USMC recruiter or otherwise involved in the recruiting service.

For the benefits of all hands, would you mind offering your personal opinion/experience on what happens when a poolee is unsatisfied with his recruiter, for whatever reason, and decides to fire him? Any repurcussions to anybody involved? Is this something you would recommend doing?

It would certainly clear up some things going on in this thread and others.

Thank you sir and thank you for your service.

Sgt Leprechaun
04-30-11, 01:17 AM

You are G-Dvm right it matters!

How about this, you get a week in the box for disrespecting a Marine, and OBVIOUSLY failing to read the site rules.

Then you may try again.

Thread closed and deleted as unhelpful and argumentative.