PDA

View Full Version : Medical waiver denied........

Novasito
04-26-11, 01:11 PM
About six years ago i had an orthoscopic surgery on my left shoulder since i got a torn labrum playing football during junior year in high school. I have not had any issues since then and i am active and currently involved in the MMA world. I am ASVAB Qualified 56 score as well as graduating with a BS in criminal justice and a minor in psychology in May 2011. Have a clean record but yet my waiver got denied after 8 months of waiting. The only answer i got is try a different branch...............really bummeddd.

JWert93
04-26-11, 01:18 PM
this is not encouraging...I am currently a Junior in high school. I had Arthroscopic shoulder surgery to repair a torn labrum in my left shoulder(from football) in January...I already have gained full mobility back, and I am only working on the restrengthening aspect now...they didn't tell you why it was denied?

Novasito
04-26-11, 01:23 PM
nope, i asked the recruiter if they said why my waiver got denied and he said no. I am fit in good shape have full mobility on my shoulder. I can do 10 pull ups, push ups wide, diamonds, i box, i do muy thai, jiu jitsu, judo and dont have any issues. I just hate the fact that they dont even allow you to get tested by their own doctor. My surgeon wrote a notated letter of what was done and also did tests on my shoulder and clear me for full military duty without restrictions. That letter got submitted too but it still got denied.

Lisa 23
04-26-11, 01:40 PM
PM Sgt Leprechaun and ask to have this topic moved to the Ask A Marine forum, dobuple posting isn't allowed,.....and you both may also want to read the site rules in the poolee and Ask A Marine forums.

Read This Before Posting In Ask A Marine!!!!

There are no doctors frequenting this website. If you have a medical question that hasn’t already been answered by searching the forums, you’ll have to contact a recruiting office. If they cannot answer your question, you may be directed to a medical representative from MEPS.

Again, read that one carefully. We are Marines (and a few Corpsman). We are not doctors. Medical questions will usually be answered by someone cutting and pasting a section from the about.com website.

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59447