PDA

View Full Version : DUI court docs.

PDK509
04-20-11, 12:57 PM
Greetings Marines,

I'm trying to join up but, I got a DUI last year. I got off probation on Jan. 19 and waited 90 days as I was told to. Now my recruiter is telling me my paperwork wont work b/c the dates don't add up. I'm trying to get the DA's office to write me a letter saying I completed the probation (b/c my recruiter told me that would be the only thing that would work) but they refuse to. My question is are there any recruiters, or Marines out there who have delt with this problem and if so what did they do to bypass the red tape BS?

Zulu 36
04-20-11, 03:50 PM
Go ask the probation department to write you a letter. I'm not surprised the DA's office wouldn't do it, not their job.

Old Marine
04-20-11, 05:17 PM
Since it is your DUI, that makes it your red tape. Its no fault of the Corps that you are having to go through this. Man up and handle it.

Sgt Leprechaun
04-20-11, 07:04 PM
Yep. P/P should have your correct paperwork. Talk to your PO and get the letter from him/her. Check out the other DUI thread that was started by someone else for some more information on this.

PDK509
04-20-11, 07:07 PM
Since it is your DUI, that makes it your red tape. Its no fault of the Corps that you are having to go through this. Man up and handle it.

Never said it was the Corps fault. It was unsupervised probation and a special program that is handeld under the DA's office called PTI (pre-trial intervention) but I will look into that. Thanks.

Tennessee Top
04-20-11, 07:14 PM
Never had a DUI (and I'm 57). Maybe, because I don't drink and never did. Try that concept on for size.

Never smoked dope either. Hell, never smoked anything including tobacco.

Don't like coffee. Sometimes, I wonder how I ever survived a career in the USMC!

Now...I DO like women. One out of four ain't bad.

Good luck with your letter.

PDK509
04-20-11, 07:19 PM
Lol, glad you cleared that up at the end ten. top was starting to wonder. Thanks for the support.

Sgt Leprechaun
04-20-11, 07:37 PM
LOL. PTI *should* mean you have a clear record as well. And, you should have a letter at the end of it saying you completed it without issue.

PDK509
04-21-11, 03:25 AM
All I can get is the notice of dismissal from the clerk of court. The problem is the program is 24 months probation but I only served 12 months then the charges were dropped by the DA. I spoke to an...

Sgt Leprechaun
04-21-11, 03:27 AM
Did you get something from the DA saying the charges were dropped? That, along with the successful completion should take care of it, one would think. <br />
<br />
And, I'll be honest, if you can, go in...

PDK509
04-21-11, 03:34 AM
No, they wont release anything. They only refer me to the clerk of court and I have everything they have on file there (court minutes and notice of dismissal.) I agree about being there in person but...

Phantom Blooper
04-21-11, 03:39 AM
Now...I DO like women. One out of four ain't bad.

Yeah...but.....you are playing the field.....because the first Marine Corps bride didn't like the Marine Corps....so technically......:beer:

Phantom Blooper
04-21-11, 03:42 AM
If your name is on it you should be able to get anything on you that is not classified through the Freedom of Information Act.....

They just need to get up off the hind end and look for it.....tell them its like an Easter egg hunt.....and maybe you might be the prize.

PDK509
04-21-11, 03:50 AM
If your name is on it you should be able to get anything on you that is not classified through the Freedom of Information Act.....

They just need to get up off the hind end and look for it.....tell them its like an Easter egg hunt.....and maybe you might be the prize.

Ha ha. thats great Phantom. They know exactly where it is they read it to me off the computer screen just refuse to print it. They read it to my recruiter in person and his boss over the phone and said they would tell the same thing to any one els who called. I am talking to a lawyer to see if there's any kind of legal recourse here. Theres clearly many options I haven't exhausted yet and I DO NOT plan on giving up any time soon.

PDK509
04-24-11, 11:48 PM
Update. The CO of the recruit station is calling the DA's office tomorrow to get a verbal statement. Wish me luck yall!

also ran my first IST
10:41-1.5 mile
15-pull ups
71-sit ups

Sgt Leprechaun
04-25-11, 09:40 PM
Great~!

VictoryttBold
04-25-11, 09:48 PM
:iwo:Good luck to you !

PDK509
05-05-11, 06:24 PM
I got my letter on Monday and went to MEPS on Tuesday and swore in. I ship in December. Thanks every one for their input.:D

Sgt Leprechaun
05-05-11, 06:37 PM
Good deal! Send me a PM with your info and I'll change your status.

This thread is now closed. Good example of dedication to others.