PDA

View Full Version : Boot Camp Graduation Travel

achilles097
04-16-11, 08:18 PM
I leave home tomorrow for boot camp and wanted to say thank you Marines for your service and all the help over the months as well. I appreciate the PM's of advice I have received too. My uncle is a former Marine and was in Vietnam and is not in very good shape right now so it is my hope to let him see his nephew carry on the legacy before he is not with us anymore.

Here is my question:

I was talking with my parents tonight about my travel plans after boot camp, and I was curious if I wanted to go to Florida (I'm from Virginia) via airplane with my parents how would we get on the same flight? I know somebody at boot camp handles travel plans because my recruiter told me, but he doesn't about how to get on the same flight.

Lisa 23
04-16-11, 08:45 PM
There's no such thing as a "former Marine"....Once A Marine, Always A Marine! :usmc:

If you want to travel with your parents, just have them make the reservations on the flight they will be on, that's all. We did that for my nephew when he graduated boot camp 2 years ago.
All you'll have to do is when travel plans are being made towards the end of boot camp is to let the folks at travel know that your parents made your travel plans for you.

And the very best of luck to you on your journey to become a United States Marine!

Tennessee Top
04-16-11, 10:10 PM
Good luck to you. Report back and let us know when you change your status.

YourPhoneIsMine
04-17-11, 01:30 PM
have fun!