PDA

View Full Version : ADD/ OCD Waiver, How long?

Redefras
04-16-11, 03:13 PM
Hellow

Iv been trying to join the corps for a wile now, and when going for my pre screening for meps they said I got Dq'ed. I just got medical paperwork that excused me of ADD, but also OCD as when stated said from the doctor that he believes me not to have OCD and if ADD was to be there it would be non existant for no use of medication nessary along with that the symptons are so low that no one would reconise me for having ADD or showing problems of it. This came from a state doctor and not the regular doctor that around the bend.

I had just gotten a call back from my sgt that he needs to send up some waivers, but also along with the applicant personal statements that came from my family and also my school stating I do not have it and that I was misdiagnosed and that from my school that they never saw it existant and that of I completed my schooling with outstanding satisfactory (I went to vocational technical high school for welding/ Fab / Construction)

I found out what caused the DQ, was that of the army (the army screwed me over stating i had OCD back in early 2010, and this was after I was transfered to a new recruiter since my orginal had to go out of state for training). I once went Army for since my parents where reluctant with me joining the corps. (hated the fact of the army, Love wanting to be a marine and have earned the title like so many before me)

Im 20 yrs old, and 6"2 wieghing 170 pounds.

I have no criminal history, or anything else medical that could Dq me and that of along with the whole waiver that I have to include the med docs that state, I do not have ocd and never took meds for that, and only took meds for ADD back in 2007 and was only for 5 months that I did for a trial period to see how bad I have ADD and if it would affect me in HS for my grades. Funny thing is my grades improved after I was taken off of medication, and that my grades stayed the same when I was on it so to my own opinion I do not have ADD I dont think either. Look I live in the western part of the state for MA, and that im just wondering how long do these waivers take. I understand im playing a game of Hurry up and wait right now, Im just looking to get out and serve my country as soon as possible, and really all i want it to be part of that brotherhood that the corps has had since the day it started back in which i think was 1711, when 4 years after colonel alaxander Parris arrived and helped to give what it now known today as parris island. Im a big buff on the corps history, learning about it and breathing it.

Lisa 23
04-16-11, 03:26 PM
No profile, no answers........and try using the search bar. This topic has been covered many times before.
You may want to read the site rules in the poolee and Ask A Marine forums also.

Redefras
04-16-11, 03:44 PM
Ok updated my profile, sorry about that.:banana:

Sgt Leprechaun
04-16-11, 09:31 PM
60-90 days on 'average'. It could take longer....totally depends.

Also...grammar and punctuation, Marine is capitalized, and please educate yourself on the site rules. Thanks for doing the profile.