PDA

View Full Version : New pack/frame to better support the spine with combat load?

Nakota2k
04-12-11, 04:55 PM
I've heard somewhere that they were looking into designing a better pack/frame thing to help distribute the weight of a combat load and therefore relieving some of the pressure on the spine as well as other joints. Couldn't find anything online, does anyone have more information?

crazymjb
04-12-11, 05:04 PM
I'd just say don't hold your breath. There are better packs/gear out there and depending where you end up you unit more than likely will likely let you invest in your own gear if you choose to (and if its up to military duty, not chinese airsoft crap).

The ergonomics of most things get thrown off when body armor is in between anyway.

Mike

martinj
04-12-11, 11:27 PM
Mystery ranch makes the best rucks by far. All you do is send them your weight body composition ect. and they make you a custom frame. They are a little pricey but if your gonna be an 03 it will definitely be worth it.

Sgt Leprechaun
04-12-11, 11:48 PM
Something to concern yourself with when you've graduated Recruit Training and are enroute to the FMF. In Recruit Training you'll be using hand me downs more than likely, 4th or 5th Gen stuff.

However, your most up to date 'source' for information like this is Marine Corps Times. Hit their website regularly, they'll be the ones to give the 'straight scoop'.

SlingerDun
04-13-11, 01:21 AM
Accessorize with a Namlo strap when the pack is top heavy or when moving appliances into the new crib. Lakpa - three Chomolungma summits - and Phurba Sherpa swear by them