PDA

View Full Version : College GPA

mikebrown12
04-10-11, 01:07 PM
Hello Marines i am a 19 year old young man. I am very interested in becoming one of the few,the proud such as yourselves. I am currently enrolled in college, my freshman year is almost over and i was very interested in joining the USMC during the summer. Ive been very interested in joining sense my senior year o high school but I told my parents I would at least try a year of college but now I am for sure the USMC is or me. As of now my gpa is a 1.3 i have heard people say they have joined the Marines with low gpa's like mine but from what i have read you have to have a 2.0 and i was just wondering can i join the Marines with this gpa or would i have to bring it up?

TheReservist
04-10-11, 04:35 PM
A 1.3, you should stop dreaming about the Marine Corps and worry about getting to next semester before anything else.

TunTvrnWarrior
04-10-11, 04:38 PM
Quit playing football and concentrate on your studies. Seriously.

crazymjb
04-10-11, 04:41 PM
If you have a high school diploma, I just wouldn't mention your college GPA. That said, someone is paying for that, and it takes a good amount of effort to pull off a GPA that low, so figure out how to at least get a 2.5 before you try to figure out joining the Marine Corps.

Good luck,

Mike

ammermda
04-10-11, 09:49 PM
A 1.3, you should stop dreaming about the Marine Corps and worry about getting to next semester before anything else.

I second that. And even if you become a Marine, you're still going to want to get a college education at some point. Don't squander your opportunities.

afraziaaaa
04-11-11, 08:39 AM
Hello Marines i am a 19 year old young man. I am very interested in becoming one of the few,the proud such as yourselves. I am currently enrolled in college, my freshman year is almost over and i was very interested in joining the USMC during the summer. Ive been very interested in joining sense my senior year o high school but I told my parents I would at least try a year of college but now I am for sure the USMC is or me. As of now my gpa is a 1.3 i have heard people say they have joined the Marines with low gpa's like mine but from what i have read you have to have a 2.0 and i was just wondering can i join the Marines with this gpa or would i have to bring it up?

Its 15 credits with a 2.2 GPA to be a contract PFC. That said, I just had a Marine graduate boot camp as a PFC with a 1.4 college GPA. His SDI must have liked him.

College is not required to enlist. Contact a local recruiter. I wasn't ready for college either when I enlisted. Almost there now, 1.5 semesters left until a BS in business mgmt. Good luck.

YourPhoneIsMine
04-11-11, 12:05 PM
what exactly is the cause of that gpa? are you not studying or just not getting the material? some people learn better using other methods that might help you out