PDA

View Full Version : Marine Reconnaissance T.S.C has me worried

Daniel07
04-06-11, 11:45 AM
I have read over the Drug portion of the regulations information provided by an individual on this forum. Although, I've lost a lot of sleep the past few nights, trying to work this matter out.

I have smoked Marijuana only once, one hit, and it was when I was 15. After doing some research, I came across some info that said the question they present you during the check is if you have consumed any illegal substances at/over the age of 16. Is that accurate? If so, should I just keep my mouth shut about that experience?

I sincerely hope I have not botched my chances of working towards clearance to participate in Marine Reconnaissance school. It was a bonehead move. Please be blunt with me, I need the straight truth as to whether or not it would be common sense to move forward, and leave the past where it belongs. Thank you for your time, I look forward to getting feedback on this matter at your earliest convenience.

Zulu 36
04-06-11, 12:06 PM
I have read over the Drug portion of the regulations information provided by an individual on this forum. Although, I've lost a lot of sleep the past few nights, trying to work this matter out.

I have smoked Marijuana only once, one hit, and it was when I was 15. After doing some research, I came across some info that said the question they present you during the check is if you have consumed any illegal substances at/over the age of 16. Is that accurate? If so, should I just keep my mouth shut about that experience?

I sincerely hope I have not botched my chances of working towards clearance to participate in Marine Reconnaissance school. It was a bonehead move. Please be blunt with me, I need the straight truth as to whether or not it would be common sense to move forward, and leave the past where it belongs. Thank you for your time, I look forward to getting feedback on this matter at your earliest convenience.

Never lie. If the question asks for info after age 16, answer that question truthfully. If you were 15 when you hit it, then the truthful answer would be "No." However, if the age is left open, the truthful answer would be "Yes."

One doobie at 15 should not ruin a TS clearance if you are honest about it.

FistFu68
04-06-11, 12:11 PM
:evilgrin: Listen too Sgt.Z...youngbuck...Stay away from that Chit @ Stay away from Sucking on The Bottle 2!!!You don't wanna end up like ME :beer: :iwo:

Sgt Leprechaun
04-06-11, 08:57 PM
And there you have it. However, this one is closed until I see a profile.