PDA

View Full Version : Going to an international college

Caesar Augustus
10-14-03, 12:08 PM
If i going into the reserves can i go to a college in canada or england.
I have applied to mcmasters university in hamilton canada and if I am accepted would that interfere with my being able to be a Marine?
thx for any help

Enlisted: 20030714
San Diego ship date:20031229
MOS: 02 intell or 26 signal intell

firstsgtmike
10-14-03, 12:26 PM
Sounds like you are going to be doing quite a bit of traveling to make your monthly drill meetings.

Sparrowhawk
10-14-03, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by Caesar Augustus
If i going into the reserves can i go to a college in canada or england.
I have applied to mcmasters university in hamilton canada and if I am accepted would that interfere with my being able to be a Marine?
thx for any help

Enlisted: 20030714
San Diego ship date:20031229
MOS: 02 intell or 26 signal intell

Sure u can go to college in Canada or England, that is, as long as you first, make it through boot camp and then get your basic degree through the University of Baghdad.

Caesar Augustus
10-14-03, 03:12 PM
lol. so i would just have to fly down every month to make the meetings but living in canada wouldnt be a prob?

Caesar Augustus
10-14-03, 04:18 PM
do they offer the PLC at international universities

Sixguns
10-15-03, 07:22 PM
Your reserve commitment will not be put on the back burner for college. As a point of interest, not all foreign degrees are recognized in the U.S. You may want to consider starting out at a local community college or state school and just see how college and your reserve obligation mesh.

You can't be serious about the PLC question!! Why are you even interested in PLC? You made a commitment to go reserves and haven't even made it through that yet.

Living in Canada might cause you some issues when it comes to getting a security clearance or similar background checks.

The real issue is that you forgot about the first commitment you made... becoming a reserve Marine!!! WHy don't you make it through that and uphold your first commitment before moving on to another.

RoboRobinson17
10-15-03, 10:01 PM
OOOOHHRAAAH! On a regular basis, it is nothing to see 5 Marines in my unit UA. It is friggin' DISGUSTING, it's only one weekend a month, and people still have a hard time making it. I'm not even going to start on the nasty a$$ hair cuts...

SF,

Joe

lurchenstein
10-16-03, 12:42 AM
OOOOHHRAAAH! On a regular basis, it is nothing to see 5 Marines in my unit UA. It is friggin' DISGUSTING, it's only one weekend a month, and people still have a hard time making it. I'm not even going to start on the nasty a$$ hair cuts...

Sounds like something "the $200 haircut" and several months of involuntary active duty would discourage. (I've seen it work.)