PDA

View Full Version : Intel School's

MunkyVsRobot
04-01-11, 04:25 PM
I was wondering what life was like around the Schools of Intelligence. I know one os Dam Neck VA im not sure where the one in California is but Im wondering how the area is around the schools.

Also is it possible to leave the base on weekends..? How does all that good stuff work? Assuming I earn my EGA..

Sgt Leprechaun
04-01-11, 11:19 PM
Yes, you get liberty. Dam Neck (I went to Little Creek back in the day) is a nice base from what I've heard.

Liberty should be pretty good.

AjC
04-03-11, 09:38 AM
Corry Station, in Pensacola, will be where you'll go if you get assigned a SigInt MOS. Currently, the school days for the 2621's and 2631's is considerably shorter than the 2651's - about 5 hours shorter. The 21's school is roughly 13 weeks long, as is the 31's school. The 2651 course is about 4 and a half months long. After your day ends, whether it be at 1230, 1630, or 1800 (depending on which shift you're on), you are free to do your own thing. Liberty is given on a tier basis currently.

Tier 1 you arrive on, and it lasts 10 days. You must stay in the uniform of the day, to go off base you have to be in the service or dress uniform of the season (currently, service charlies and dress deltas) and you have to be back by midnight - there are midnight formations on the weekend to check if you're abiding by the rules. Tier 2 you get to wear civvies, but you still have to be back by midnight. Tier 3, you get overnight liberty. Your tier is decided by your Plt Commander or Plt Sgt. As long as you abide by the rules, and you don't fail room inspects, you won't have your liberty screwed with.

Corry Station is a good place to be, just don't lose your mind if you go there. You'll be told this many times - Liberty is a privilege, not a right.

1994formulalt1
04-30-11, 08:04 PM
there is alot of **** to do if you go to Dam Neck, just not on base but you can go to the beach while on base or take a 10 minute drive and you're on the Virginia Beach strip, if you go there check out catch 31 and you will probably end up at peabodys....

1994formulalt1
04-30-11, 08:06 PM
oh yeah the barracks you stay in after you class up are probably the nicest you will ever stay in, private rooms come with a 32" lcd tv