PDA

View Full Version : 0621 Maw

Desm20110516
03-27-11, 01:14 PM
I've read all the threads regarding MOS 0621, but none so far have given me any information on an 0621 attached to a MAW...

I'm enlisted for 0621 and I'm assigned to a MAW. What's the job going to be like for me? I'm assuming I wont be running around with infantry radioing in calls, since I'm not attached to an infantry unit. Is it typically different for a FRO attached to an Air Wing or are my assumptions incorrect?

Any information is greatly appreciated.

Mwhite732
03-27-11, 01:48 PM
radio's can be useful most places. You dont have to live outside the wire to be useful. Either way you set up a radio so people can talk on it. Your still doing the same thing. Btw work on your pullups. Easiest points you can get. If you dont do close to 20 before you leave, you ****ed yourself. Goodluck

Desm20110516
03-27-11, 02:52 PM
I'm working on them, though (I'm not aiming for the minimum) I have more sense than to think that most people get anywhere near 20 before OR after bootcamp.

Marines are adept at excelling at everything they do; if only the more physically adept ones would try harder to be as intellectually adept as some they berate for not being "buff" enough, it's undoubted it would make for a much stronger Marine Corps. I may not be bringing 20 pull ups to the table, but I am bringing a college education, an 89 ASVAB and the heart of a fighter. I'll do my best, always. Thanks for the luck and info.

Tennessee Top
03-27-11, 08:58 PM
Are they putting unit assignments in recruit contracts these days?

Who/what says you'll be assigned/attached to an air wing? Which wing is it (be specific)? Never heard of this before but things change.

Desm20110516
03-28-11, 12:19 AM
I'm enlisted as a reservist so that I can finish up school (I'm already in my 4th year so it makes no sense to quit now). They give you a unit and a specific MOS before you ship when you're a reservist. I'm attached to the 4th MAW out of Great Lakes.

Tookie22
03-31-11, 10:16 PM
In the wing you'll load the radios that the birds use to speak with the ground units they support. Either that or you'll be maintaining the comm for the AirO so he/she can direct the birds. Youll be an RO doing radio work nothing special.

Desm20110516
04-01-11, 01:09 AM
Excellent. Exactly what I wanted.

Thanks a million =)

Browny35
04-02-11, 12:58 PM
In the wing you'll load the radios that the birds use to speak with the ground units they support. Either that or you'll be maintaining the comm for the AirO so he/she can direct the birds. Youll be an RO doing radio work nothing special.

That is basically the same thing you would do if you were attached to Infantry or LAV's except replace planes with Grunts and Vehicles. RO's are versatile.

Tookie22
04-03-11, 11:35 PM
Basically but in the wing you dont call the same reports than in a line company. If youre with H&S you get to deal with COC RW. But yes our job is very basic so no matter where you go load radios, set up all comm, and maintain it at all costs.