PDA

View Full Version : Thorough Explanation of wtf Combat Support (CE) is please? because i have no idea!!

snipertippy
03-17-11, 11:47 AM
I currently have Combat Support (CE). When i signed up for it, I was told by it means i will have either artillery, tanks, shootin with a big ass gun from a plane, or be in an AAV. Later on my...

Gunz
03-17-11, 12:42 PM
1371 Combat Engineer:
Combat engineers construct, alter, repair, and maintain buildings and structures; lift and move heavy objects and equipment by setting up, bracing, and utilizing rigging devices and equipment; and perform various duties incidental to the use of demolitions in construction projects and destruction of objects. Personnel assigned this MOS are taught carpentry and other construction skills as well as demolitions, specialized demolitions for urban breaching and land mine warfare.

Combat Arms: Infantry, Tanks, Artillery
The Marine Corps builds its warrior reputation by being better at close combat than anyone else in the world. The superior nature of Marine combat arms training is a primary reason. Combat arms includes a broad range of MOS designations that include Infantry, Tank, and Artillery specialties. Marines in these fields will be experts in hand-to-hand combat, battlefield tactics, weapons use, marksmanship and survival techniques. These Marines are counted among the most capable of warriors and are essential to our battlefield mission.

snipertippy
03-17-11, 12:51 PM
1371 Combat Engineer:
Combat engineers construct, alter, repair, and maintain buildings and structures; lift and move heavy objects and equipment by setting up, bracing, and utilizing rigging devices and equipment; and perform various duties incidental to the use of demolitions in construction projects and destruction of objects. Personnel assigned this MOS are taught carpentry and other construction skills as well as demolitions, specialized demolitions for urban breaching and land mine warfare.

Combat Arms: Infantry, Tanks, Artillery
The Marine Corps builds its warrior reputation by being better at close combat than anyone else in the world. The superior nature of Marine combat arms training is a primary reason. Combat arms includes a broad range of MOS designations that include Infantry, Tank, and Artillery specialties. Marines in these fields will be experts in hand-to-hand combat, battlefield tactics, weapons use, marksmanship and survival techniques. These Marines are counted among the most capable of warriors and are essential to our battlefield mission.

so is combat arms part of CE? cause the description of mos i picked which was combat support (ce) sounded more like that one. he was like i get sent out to do either artillery, tanking, laad, or aav's

thanks so far,

Gunz
03-17-11, 12:56 PM
so is combat arms part of CE? cause the description of mos i picked which was combat support (ce) sounded more like that one. he was like i get sent out to do either artillery, tanking, laad, or aav's

thanks so far,

Yes, Combat Engineers falls under Combat Arms. Give it a try, they deal with explosives, construction, and mine sweeping.

snipertippy
03-17-11, 01:01 PM
Yes, Combat Engineers falls under Combat Arms. Give it a try, they deal with explosives, construction, and mine sweeping.

aight thanks mucho! BUT BUT ONE MORE THING!

i know u prolly mad at al lthe questions but i promise this is the last one,
no matter how heartbreaking it is... does this mean that i WILL NOT
be doing artillery/tank/laad/aav's? (cough which is what my recruiter told me id be doing in combat support [ce] cough cough)

Gunz
03-17-11, 01:09 PM
Refer to me as Gunnery Sergeant, and yes if your a 1371 Combat Engineer you will not be to the other MOSs. If you are going in as Combat Arms option then you will most likely get assigned to one of the MOSs. It's a crap shoot. I would have to see your enlistment paperwork.

Wyoming
03-17-11, 01:36 PM
... and as soon as he was slightly reprimanded, off he went!

Good show Gunny!! Good on you.

:flag:

Lisa 23
03-17-11, 08:37 PM
aight thanks mucho! BUT BUT ONE MORE THING!

i know u prolly mad at al lthe questions but i promise this is the last one,
no matter how heartbreaking it is... does this mean that i WILL NOT
be doing artillery/tank/laad/aav's? (cough which is what my recruiter told me id be doing in combat support [ce] cough cough)

How about using some proper English there, and we don't text here on this site either.

Covey_Rider
03-18-11, 04:19 AM
Gunny, you had much more patience with this kid then I would have. I guess I just don't make the cut on being all cool in his mind since I'm a combat engineer.

Phantom Blooper
03-18-11, 06:32 AM
Favorite Book i hate reading!
Must hate spelling and writing English also..........

Gunz
03-18-11, 08:01 AM
Gunny, you had much more patience with this kid then I would have. I guess I just don't make the cut on being all cool in his mind since I'm a combat engineer.

Ha, my patience get better the older I get.

CE is GTG. They can hang with the Grunts any day. I have seen them do some amazing things.

Gunz
03-18-11, 08:04 AM
If this kid would stop for just one minute and realize he might have a life after the Marine Corps, he would choose CE. In CE you can learn skills that will transfer to the civilian side.

Covey_Rider
03-18-11, 08:14 AM
Ha, my patience get better the older I get.

CE is GTG. They can hang with the Grunts any day. I have seen them do some amazing things.

The grunts I was with felt the same way. I still remember their impression of me on our first patrol...I found a spot where they thought we had an IED and I commenced to digging for it for awhile...then smashing the dirt with my fist...and finally cursing while jumping up and down on the spot. They all backed up a little ways :) It was a nice little game I used to play on the newer Marines haha. They thought I was crazy as hell.

What the hell is this kid talking about when he says he may get to shoot big ass guns out of planes? Since when did the Marine Corps do that?

Gunz
03-18-11, 08:17 AM
What the hell is this kid talking about when he says he may get to shoot big ass guns out of planes? Since when did the Marine Corps do that?[/quote]

I have no idea, too much Xbox I guess. My buddy and I here at work were laughing at that.

USNAviator
03-18-11, 08:55 AM
What the hell is this kid talking about when he says he may get to shoot big ass guns out of planes? Since when did the Marine Corps do that?

Gunny the only plane I know of with that capability is KC-130 Hercules. Certain variants of that bird are equipped with a 30mm cannon. But there are so few of them,whoever is tasked with firing that "big ass gun" isn't going to be some E-1 fresh out of boot

Covey_Rider
03-18-11, 09:00 AM
Gunny the only plane I know of with that capability is KC-130 Hercules. Certain variants of that bird are equipped with a 30mm cannon. But there are so few of them,whoever is tasked with firing that "big ass gun" isn't going to be some E-1 fresh out of boot

I am under the impression that it is the Air Force that mans those guns. The only aerial gunning that I know the Marine Corps to do, is door gunning on one of the helos.

USNAviator
03-18-11, 09:12 AM
I am under the impression that it is the Air Force that mans those guns. The only aerial gunning that I know the Marine Corps to do, is door gunning on one of the helos.

I did some checking and this is what I found

"With the addition of the Marine Corps's ISR (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISTAR#ISR_.28Intelligence.2C_Surveillance_and_Reco nnaissance.29) / Weapon Mission Kit, the KC-130J will be able to serve as an overwatch (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Overwatch) aircraft and can deliver ground support fire in the form of Hellfire missiles (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AGM-114_Hellfire), precision-guided bombs (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Precision-guided_munition), and eventually 30mm cannon fire (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bushmaster_II) in a later upgrade."

"The Harvest Hawk weapons system for USMC KC-130J aircraft began its first deployment during October 2010 in Afghanistan with Marine Aerial Refueler Transport Squadron 352 (VMGR-352 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VMGR-352)) . Its first weapons engagement was on November 4 supporting the 3rd Battalion, 5th Marine Regiment, in Sangin. One Hellfire missile was fired and five enemy insurgents were killed. The battle damage assessment stated there were no civilian casualties or property damage during the fire fight"

I remember reading about this weapons kit about a year ago. I thought they had already been in operations sooner. I guess I was wrong but they appear to be coming on line in the near future

snipertippy
03-21-11, 03:22 PM
Refer to me as Gunnery Sergeant, and yes if your a 1371 Combat Engineer you will not be to the other MOSs. If you are going in as Combat Arms option then you will most likely get assigned to one of the MOSs. It's a crap shoot. I would have to see your enlistment paperwork.

Sorry Gunnery Sergeant. oh and i found out that all this information is FALSE! i relooked at my enlistment paperwork and found that i am Combat Support (CM) not (CE) C M!!! thanks for all the help though! and i ship out April 11th! w00t!

snipertippy
03-21-11, 03:23 PM
... and as soon as he was slightly reprimanded, off he went!

Good show Gunny!! Good on you.

:flag:

Gwaa! No!! My internet was down for the past few days!

snipertippy
03-21-11, 03:26 PM
nevermind... i cant find there being a (CM)... ah well, as long as I can say I was blowing SOMETHING up...

Devil1087
03-21-11, 05:39 PM
dawg, it's arty, tanks, aavs or laad, no KC-130's for you. LAAD is gay.

snipertippy
03-22-11, 01:02 PM
dawg, it's arty, tanks, aavs or laad, no KC-130's for you. LAAD is gay.

yeah thats what ive been told lol. however, my recruiter said thats the oen im likely to get, and its been cleared up, when i looked at my enlistment papers (myself this time) all that good **** was on there. im just nervous now because i saw Air Traffic Control as one of the jobs i might get, but thats just one, what are the odds right??? (is now realizing he just jinxed himself)

Gunz
03-22-11, 03:00 PM
Sorry Gunnery Sergeant. oh and i found out that all this information is FALSE! i relooked at my enlistment paperwork and found that i am Combat Support (CM) not (CE) C M!!! thanks for all the help though! and i ship out April 11th! w00t!

Alright, best of luck to you.

Amtracker1833
03-22-11, 05:17 PM
yeah thats what ive been told lol. however, my recruiter said thats the oen im likely to get, and its been cleared up, when i looked at my enlistment papers (myself this time) all that good **** was on there. im just nervous now because i saw Air Traffic Control as one of the jobs i might get, but thats just one, what are the odds right??? (is now realizing he just jinxed himself)

I highly Doubt your going to get Air Traffic Controller, if you have a good swim qual, you will do tracks, trust me i know.