PDA

View Full Version : Dog tags??

ChrrySkoal
03-16-11, 12:57 PM
When do you recive your "dog tags" before or after boot camp?

Brianhipwell
03-16-11, 01:52 PM
When do you recive your "dog tags" before or after boot camp?

In Boot Camp....HIP:evilgrin:

CalahanD
03-16-11, 02:13 PM
Why the crap would that matter? You freakin poolees these day ask some dumb crap. Then you wonder why you get hazed when you get to the fleet....W

Brianhipwell
03-16-11, 02:49 PM
Why the crap would that matter? You freakin poolees these day ask some dumb crap. Then you wonder why you get hazed when you get to the fleet....W

He was just asking. Maybe he can't wait to get his own set.:evilgrin:HIP

Lisa 23
03-16-11, 03:31 PM
You get your dog tags when your Drill Instructors give them to you.

Really...there are more important things to worry about during boot camp than when you're going to get your dog tags.

GunRun
03-16-11, 07:09 PM
I don't blame him for asking. They are soo cool and shiny.

josephd
03-16-11, 08:58 PM
dog tags suck anyway, they are a pain in the a$$ and get in the way. I havent "worn" mine since MCT.

TunTvrnWarrior
03-16-11, 09:32 PM
I dont know what the big deal is. He is a poolee. He has never been to boot camp, nor has he been in the fleet. If he doesnt know something, he should ask and not have to worry about all the grief as long as he is respectful.

SGT7477
03-16-11, 10:19 PM
You get your dog tags when your Drill Instructors give them to you.

Really...there are more important things to worry about during boot camp than when you're going to get your dog tags.
For sure or when your DI gets your name tag and you pay dearly to get it back in the classroom,lol, Semper Fidelis.:evilgrin:

ChrrySkoal
03-17-11, 07:00 AM
Sorry and Thank you Marines!

devilbones2
03-18-11, 05:38 PM
During. Right before final inspection.

ChrrySkoal
03-19-11, 01:30 PM
Thank you sir.

YourPhoneIsMine
03-21-11, 11:54 AM
Depends on your drill instructors. Some platoons were given theirs as soon as they arrived, we didn't get ours til after the crucible because our senior brain farted and forgot about them.

ChrrySkoal
03-21-11, 12:31 PM
Thank very much sir! I asked this question because my friend who enlisted with the Army has already recived his and he said I should be getting mine soon and that I should ask my recuiter but I didn't want to look like a gear queer or nothing in front of him haha thank you all alot!:thumbup:

YourPhoneIsMine
03-21-11, 12:45 PM
yeah some guys in the army even get their cammies before heading off to boot camp

different branches work in different ways. either way once you get to soi you'll have a chance to make decent ones, the ones from the depot are crappy punched in versions. good to have an extra set or two lying around in case there's an inspection

ChrrySkoal
03-21-11, 12:53 PM
yeah some guys in the army even get their cammies before heading off to boot camp
I'v noticed this too like there called Soliders before they go to basic training...thats one of the reasons I joined the Marine Corps. I want to earn it! Also my post advisor with my Police Explorer Post (he is a Police Officer and currently a reservist in the Army) referd to me as a Marine the other day. I corrected him and said Sir, I'm a Poolee.:evilgrin: lol