PDA

View Full Version : ADD and the Marines.

matejkaaj
03-15-11, 10:12 PM
Hello,

I was just wondering if I could have some help on this. When I was younger I was diagnosed with ADD and anxiety. I know ADD used to be a automatic disqualification but now its only if you have not been off medication for over a year. I took medication like Zoloft to help me. I was taken off in the 7th grade. I don't have symptoms of either of these anymore and have no problem in school because of these, and can function perfectly fine. I am worried what will happen at MEPS because it's supposed to be a hard waver to get. I don't want to have to lie but it sounds like I might have to. I don't know if my recruiter will disqualify me either. The other problem is if this could come back and hurt me later. I have talked to a couple of Marines and they said just don't bring it up and I should be fine as long as I'm not taking the medication, which I haven't for a long time. I have wanted to be a Marine more than I have wanted anything else and just want to know if I am eligible to enlist with this problem.

Thank you for your time.

Lisa 23
03-15-11, 10:30 PM
Try using the search feature on this site. This topic has been covered before.
And don't lie....it's called "fraudulent enlistment?"