PDA

View Full Version : How can I get a spot to leave early to boot?

Visor15
03-14-11, 10:32 AM
Ok, so I've told my recruiter a thousand times over that I want to leave ASAP. My IST scores are more than perfect, and I've memorized all the **** I should about a month ago. I've been in the DEP for about 7 or 8 weeks now. I took the DLAB 4 weeks ago for my job contract, 02XX/26XX, and then signed it, so I'm good to go. I asked him again, today, that I want to leave early. But he told me that because my contract is hard to get, I will lose it and have to sign another if I leave before my set date. 20110411.

I know its only a month, but I want to go now. Waiting around here is a waste of my time. Sorry if I sound like an impatient child, but I'm starting to get cabin fever.

So I want to know is he is saying this just because he doesn't want to do more paperwork or to try to pull strings for me? I've haven't been convinced that he cares too much about his job, so I'm wondering if there's any way I can go around him or something I can say that can get my ass on the accelerated track.

One frustrated recruit,

Alex Visor

SGT7477
03-14-11, 10:42 AM
The yellow footprints will come soon enough, The Pride is Forever,Semper Fidelis.

Lisa 23
03-14-11, 11:36 AM
According to your profile, your ship date is 11 April, 2011. That's only another 4 weeks.
There are many others in the DEP a lot longer than you, you're turn to go to MCRD will come soon enough.
And I would believe what your recruiter is telling you.
Also......unless you know everything that a recruiter has to go through day in and day out, don't say that your recruiter doesn't care about his job.

Oh, and you're not no recruit yet.

Tennessee Top
03-14-11, 11:51 AM
I understand you want to begin your journey but four weeks is not that long.

Trust your recruiter (just as you'll have to trust your DI's). Try to understand he is juggling a lot of other poolees besides just yourself. He sees the big picture of the recruiting district and all you're looking at is you which is understandable. I defenitely would not recommend trying to go around him unless you want to cause problems for yourself.

Some day, after you pick up some rank and become responsible for other people besides yourself, you'll understand. That day will come sooner than you think. In the meantime, just do what you're told to the best of your ability every day. Learning patience is a part of growing up.

Lisa 23
03-14-11, 12:02 PM
I agree with Top, I wouldn't recommend trying to go around your recruiter unless you want to cause problems for yourself.

Just a thought.......you wannabes and poolees might want to be more careful on what you're saying about your recruiters. This is a public site, and you never know, your recruiter just might be a member, or even a lurker.

TazMatt
03-14-11, 01:40 PM
You will learn to be patient one way or the other as in all of government service there is the game of hurry up and wait.You will be told to be some where at a certain time and you will get there and the wait will begin.

Visor15
03-14-11, 07:54 PM
My fault I should have labeled myself as a "poolee". And don't get me wrong, Staff Sergeant Therrien is a cool guy, and I like him a lot, but he's an 0300 at heart. He's just about done with his recruitment job, he's reenlisted Infantry and leaves in June, and I get the feeling that he's pretty sick of dealing with poolees. I didn't mean to bash him, I just want to stop wasting my time.

Visor15
03-14-11, 08:44 PM
And your right, I don't care about my recruitment district, Tennessee Top. Why should I? If there's two different kinds of poolees, Sir, the kind that get recruited, and the kind that know what they want, and only see recruiters as a way to get paperwork done, I'm the latter.

I'm at the recruitment station everyday, PTing every morning at 0800.

I dropped out this semester as a sophomore in College, because I KNOW that the Marine Corps will be good for me, and I will have plenty of time to finish my degree later.

I was ready to leave the second I swore in.

And now, almost a semester later, a semester that I could have been in school, I'm still waiting to leave. If I had known it would take this long, I would have pushed my ship date back to May, so I could have gotten another semester under my belt.

I don't want to cause trouble for myself. But I don't believe the best course of action is inaction, no matter what the case is. All I did was post a question, hoping someone might know something about how recruitment offices work. And all people say is be patient and then go on to reprimand me for not trusting my recruiter? It makes it seem like I was wrong to assume that my recruiter doesn't have my best interests at heart. Where at the same time, on this very website, I've read many cases where the recruiters either by carelessness, or stupidness, have screwed their recruits out of jobs. My recruiter is nice guy, but only I have my best interests at heart.

sparkie
03-14-11, 09:00 PM
Hope someone dies??

VictoryttBold
03-14-11, 09:49 PM
:flag:How bad do you want to go, bad enough to to lose your job contract ? That's what you need to ask yourself.

oscrmyr
03-15-11, 10:12 AM
Visor15, your Recruiter is looking out for you more than you know. Yes, the INTEL program is one of the quickest programs to go in the recruiting field. You should feel lucky that you have been assigned one. If you leave early to rectruit training, you will fall under another recruiting ship period and you lose that program. Stay the course. Also be glad you have a ship date at all, many do not yet. Your Mission is to ship on the prescribed date. Your Recruiter has a Mission as well, he has to juggle the poolee's to ship at the best times for their Programs, all while contracting for next year. Trust your Recruiter on this one.

Tennessee Top
03-15-11, 11:19 AM
Nobody is talking down to you here. You posted your question on "Ask A Marine". Some people like the responses they get and some don't (we tend to get to the point). Sorry if you don't.

Our system is not perfect. But, it's the system you volunteered to join and the system you need to adjust to as it's not going to adjust to you. You can trust your recruiter or not; your decision. You can go behind his back if you believe he might screw you up but be prepared to live with the consequences. You may want to believe the recruiting world revolves around you but sadly, it does not. You want to believe recruiters are only there to get your paperwork done...fine. Hope it works out for you.

As has been mentioned above, the Marine Corps moves at it's own pace and has for over 200 years. If you expect it to speed up for you I think you'll be disappointed. We know you expect things to happen fast, don't want to waste your time, and know what you want. You haven't even gotten a taste of life on active duty yet. My question to you is: what happens when you're on active duty, you know what you want (say, maybe a promotion or school assignment), but it just ain't happening fast enough for you and you feel you're wasting all this time cause there's not a thing you can do about it but wait? Who are you going to complain to because they don't have your best interests at heart? Who are you going to try to go around? How will you ever cope not having it your way? I'll tell you what you're going to do...you're going to wait your turn just like everybody else because you're nobody special.

Naturally you want to look out for #1; everybody does. But, you're just going to have to trust the system you're about to join and do the very best you can every day. If not, your life is going to be miserable. You may have to adjust your expectations and timetable some and realign priorities. Flexibility is key to a successful career and right now, you are not sounding very flexible.

Zulu 36
03-15-11, 06:08 PM
Don't be in an all-fired hurry to ship. When you get to the MCRD things will speed up so fast you will probably not keep up. And you will be wondering why you joined at all and wondering how to get out of this insane asylum.

Believe it or not there is a method to the madness. Your ship date is predicated on several things: First, and most important, the date a seat opens for your butt at the intel schoolhouse, then the start date of an MCT company that will graduate in time for you to make the schoolhouse on time, then the pickup date of a forming platoon that will graduate in time for 10-days leave and getting to MCT on time.

Patience, young Padawan. Remember the story of the old bull and the young bull.

Visor15
03-18-11, 10:16 AM
I understand what serving in the military is like. My father was a Major in the Army. So please save me the lectures about it being bigger than one person. I know how it works.

Besides that, thanks for the advice guys. I've decided I'll just go with the flow. I don't want to risk losing my contract.

Gunz
03-18-11, 10:32 AM
I say "suck it up buttercup"! You had better get used to waiting for things you want.

DrZ
03-18-11, 10:47 AM
Going with the flow is ALWAYS the best way to handle things in the Corps that drive you crazy and yes there will be somethings of that nature.

You are roughly 4 weeks away from your ship date. Within 48 hours of stepping on your yellow footprints, you will be asking yourself WHY IN THE HELL DID I DO THIS???? Most new recruits do... so just hang in there.

Good luck.

Tennessee Top
03-18-11, 11:33 AM
I understand what serving in the military is like. My father was a Major in the Army. So please save me the lectures about it being bigger than one person. I know how it works.

Besides that, thanks for the advice guys. I've decided I'll just go with the flow. I don't want to risk losing my contract.

Well, I am not a "guy" (you can refer to me as Top) but whatever.

Good luck to you and congratulations on your decision.

Lisa 23
03-18-11, 11:50 AM

Leave the attitude at the door. If any Marine here wants to 'lecture' you, they will, and if you don't like it, oh well.
And it's Marines, not guys. They've EARNED it!!! :usmc:

Visor15
03-18-11, 12:24 PM
Sorry Marines. And thanks, I do appreciate the support!

Gunz
03-18-11, 03:15 PM
Ok, so I've told my recruiter a thousand times over that I want to leave ASAP. My IST scores are more than perfect, and I've memorized all the **** I should about a month ago. I've been in the DEP for about 7 or 8 weeks now. I took the DLAB 4 weeks ago for my job contract, 02XX/26XX, and then signed it, so I'm good to go. I asked him again, today, that I want to leave early. But he told me that because my contract is hard to get, I will lose it and have to sign another if I leave before my set date. 20110411.

I know its only a month, but I want to go now. Waiting around here is a waste of my time. Sorry if I sound like an impatient child, but I'm starting to get cabin fever.

So I want to know is he is saying this just because he doesn't want to do more paperwork or to try to pull strings for me? I've haven't been convinced that he cares too much about his job, so I'm wondering if there's any way I can go around him or something I can say that can get my ass on the accelerated track.

One frustrated recruit,

Alex Visor

Visor15, one thing you might want to consider is to let your Poolee buddies know, we have the ability to contact your recruiters if needed. Just inform them that they should watch the way they talk about our fellow Marines.

Enough said.

Marine84
03-18-11, 07:36 PM
And the beat goes on..............

Zulu 36
03-18-11, 08:01 PM
And the beat goes on..............

Is that just "beat" or "beat-down"?

Visor15
03-19-11, 05:05 PM
Whoa, It was just a question. If you think my recruiter will be offended because of something I said then go right ahead, you can call his cell phone. Its in my info.

Wyoming
03-19-11, 05:59 PM
Now this is one bad ass poolee.

You mean old Marines best leave him be.

Don't worry poolee, none of these Maureens have the balls to call this number!!

Recruiters phone number? 405-761-2250
Recruiter's name and rank? Staff Sgt Therrien
:yes::banana::no:

Visor15
03-19-11, 08:57 PM
Oh, please don't call him!!!!
I was only joking Sir!!!!

Wyoming
03-19-11, 09:47 PM
Oh, please don't call him!!!!
I was only joking Sir!!!!

I wasn't!

Visor15
03-19-11, 09:48 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but am I at boot camp? Because I thought this was the internet? I think I wouldn't say that to a DI. But you know, I'm such a "badazz Internet poolee" I probably will.
Jesus if you mean old Marines can't answer my question, and have no idea how recruiting works then don't post here. I doubt any of you who have posted here have served as a recruiter. If someone had, I'm sure they wouldn't have said "You may want to believe the recruiting world revolves around you but sadly, it does not."
Let's break down the word recruiting. 'recruit'-ing.
A recruiters sole job is to recruit people to go to boot camp. The recruiters world does revolve around recruits.
I was not recruited. I told the recruiter "I want to be a Marine". So he says okay and fills out the paperwork. I made his job easy.
I have a lot of respect for my recruiter though. I realize recruiting is not an easy job. Day in and day out, he's up early and works late into the day. It has to be a really stressful job. Like I said earlier my recruiter is a really nice guy and he's a stellar recruiter. He's done everything for me.

Visor15
03-19-11, 09:49 PM
I wasn't!

You wouldn't!!!

Lisa 23
03-19-11, 10:05 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but am I at boot camp? Because I thought this was the internet? I think I wouldn't say that to a DI. But you know, I'm such a "badazz Internet poolee" I probably will.
Jesus if you mean old Marines can't answer my question, and have no idea how recruiting works then don't post here. I doubt any of you who have posted here have served as a recruiter. If someone had, I'm sure they wouldn't have said "You may want to believe the recruiting world revolves around you but sadly, it does not."
Let's break down the word recruiting. 'recruit'-ing.
A recruiters sole job is to recruit people to go to boot camp. The recruiters world does revolve around recruits.
I was not recruited. I told the recruiter "I want to be a Marine". So he says okay and fills out the paperwork. I made his job easy.
I have a lot of respect for my recruiter though. I realize recruiting is not an easy job. Day in and day out, he's up early and works late into the day. It has to be a really stressful job. Like I said earlier my recruiter is a really nice guy and he's a stellar recruiter. He's done everything for me.

As I previously posted, leave the attitude at the door....and NEVER tell any Marine where they can or can't post.
You were the one who came here bad mouthing your recruiter that he's lying to you. If you don't like the answers that have been given to you, well....to bad. You asked and the Marines here answered.

Maybe some day you'll understand the saying that "when you mess with one Marine, you mess with us all."

Visor15
03-19-11, 10:08 PM
Oh I see. So its a respect thing? Marines its the ****ing internet. Take it with a grain of salt. We poolees are still civilians so we don't have too. Suck it up, and if you don't have an answer for me then don't post here.

Visor15
03-19-11, 10:13 PM
Softballcatch23 go catch balls somewhere else. You served in the Marine Corps for one year. I'm not even a Marine yet and I'm the same rank as you. So sorry if I don't take your advice.

Lisa 23
03-19-11, 10:31 PM
Visor...you're not worth arguing and getting in trouble over. Until you've EARNED the title, you're just another wannabee.
I can see right now with the smart a$$ attitude that you have, you're going to being the problem child in your platoon, and your Drill Instructors are going to have lots of fun with you.

Visor15
03-19-11, 10:43 PM
Haha you have no clue who I am. But whatever.
I do listen to your advice, and I do appreciate it. Thanks. But idiotic posts irritate me.

Visor15
03-19-11, 10:48 PM
Thanks Dave2571. I will forever remember your advice.

Just joking. My dad is a Doctor and he raised to hate lawyers. I see why.

Visor15
03-19-11, 10:49 PM
me*

Tennessee Top
03-19-11, 11:09 PM
Now we know...he's a spoiled rich kid. Explains it all. His dad raised him to hate everyone (not just lawyers).

I hear the black helos warming up in the background...come on down Sgt Lep. Game over.

joseywales
03-19-11, 11:30 PM
Think I'll have me a chat with that recruiter come Monday.

chrisnica
03-19-11, 11:31 PM
Man....reading this was stressfull and irritating. No worries Marines, this poolee will learn his place when he gets to the Depot and we will all pray that the good Drill Instructors open his eyes to how things are run in the Corps and maybe then he will change his attitude....Semper Fi.

:flag:

Visor15
03-19-11, 11:35 PM
Now we know...he's a spoiled rich kid. Explains it all. His dad raised him to hate everyone (not just lawyers).

I hear the black helos warming up in the background...come on down Sgt Lep. Game over.

Just so you know, before you delete this post, or get me kicked off the site, that before you start talking **** about my dad (Who is a better man than you, who stays up late posting on some kids internet thread) you should stop to think that maybe this kid is smarter than you. I don't hate everyone. Not even all lawyers. My dad's closest friend is a lawyer. I just hate you who assumes I don't know what it takes to be in the Marine corps, or that I won't be the best in my field. Which I will be.

TunTvrnWarrior
03-20-11, 12:12 AM
I just hate you who assumes I don't know what it takes to be in the Marine corps, or that I won't be the best in my field. Which I will be.

Yeah, go with that kid. Tell me how you make out.

Son, there is an old saying, "Pride comes before a fall". Cockiness and being full of yourself always leads to the fall. You are going to humiliate yourself somewhere along the way and it is going to really suck for you.

What really sucks, is that when that happens, someone will be laughing their ass off at you because they have almost the same lack of character as you.

Lisa 23
03-20-11, 09:43 AM
If there's anyone who's going to get you kicked off this site, it's going to be YOU!

Gunz
03-20-11, 10:27 AM
Softballcatch23 go catch balls somewhere else. You served in the Marine Corps for one year. I'm not even a Marine yet and I'm the same rank as you. So sorry if I don't take your advice.

You don't have a rank son.... You're a Poolee, once you get to boot camp you will be a recruit, if you graduate boot camp then you will be a PFC.:mad:

sparkie
03-20-11, 10:50 AM
This is some funny shett. I love it when children got it all worked out. Sounds kinda like me at 17. One thing you can count on, son. Going thru life, the more you learn, the less you know.
Good luck to you. As for disrespecting my Brothers and Sisters,,,,, just grow up or go away.

USNAviator
03-20-11, 12:00 PM
Visor, your Dad was Major and is a Doctor. Didn't he teach you anything about basic respect?

I can understand your frustration about your position but you have no control over it, so simply deal with that fact. Life gets harder as you grow older, how you deal with it will determine how well you succeed.

I'm not going to smack you down, these Marines can do that better than I can but I will tell you this, I you continue with this type of attitude when you get to boot you're in for a world of trouble and Dad won't be able to help.

I strongly suggest you make a sincere apology to all on here who have taken offense with your statements. Especially to Softballcatch, she's is a Marine whose tour was cut short by injury but you didn't know that did you?

Visor the strange thing is I like your spirit, it's just channeled in the wrong direction.

Good luck to you

USNAviator
03-20-11, 12:07 PM
He's not going to do too well in boot camp, Dan. And in my day it would have been a physical hell for him. Not so anymore, but they still do a lot of extra PT, which I suppose is good.
But read the opening line of his very first post. That clearly shows the arrogance.

Dave he lives in Oklahoma, who the hell wouldn't want to get out of there? ;)

Would he be heading to San Diego and not PI? Not familiar with the boundaries.

Wyoming
03-20-11, 12:09 PM
Think I'll have me a chat with that recruiter come Monday.

:thumbup:

Recruiter's name and rank? Staff Sgt Therrien

Recruiters phone number? 405-761-2250

USNAviator
03-20-11, 12:12 PM
"Two people have reported him to a mod for disrespect and it will take awhile but the black helos will be forthcoming and then it will give him some time out from this site, which is good, and if it is years rather than days, so much the better for all of us."

Well then I guess the majority rules and since the majority is ONE and his name is Sgt Lep then I guess he's gone.

joseywales
03-20-11, 12:15 PM
Wyoming, thanks for the contact information, I will get on that first thing in the morning. See what the SSgt says.

USNAviator
03-20-11, 12:17 PM
I sincerely hope he adjusts his attitude before he sees the inside of this place. The Navy Brig at Miramar. Not a fun place to serve out your tour.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/5/58/MiramarBrig.JPEG/220px-MiramarBrig.JPEG

Visor15
03-20-11, 12:17 PM
If there's anyone who's going to get you kicked off this site, it's going to be YOU!

Your even more stupid than I thought you were. Did I not just post that I know I'm going to get kicked for disrespecting you idiots? I hope I do, because I don't know why I wasted my time browsing this website, and asking questions when most of you are so dated you haven't served in the last two decades.
So stop being pretentious idiots blabbering about how a civilian can disrespect you on your own website, when the only reason your here is so you can make yourself feel good about sharing what little knowledge you have to ignorant poolees.
The truth is of all the questions asked by poolees on this site, most of the answers can be found using a simple Google search. Any questions that aren't so simple you bombastic bastards have the same answer for all of them: "Trust in your recruiter, and be patient" Gee, thanks I couldn't come up with that one on my own.
Your rhetoric calls me childish, but when you say something like this:
"I hear the black helos warming up in the background...come on down Sgt Lep. Game over." It makes me think otherwise.

Wyoming
03-20-11, 12:18 PM
Wyoming, thanks for the contact information, I will get on that first thing in the morning. See what the SSgt says.

Go for it Don. Until I return CONUS, it is an international call, and not worth spending my $$ on. You Maureens in the States can handle it quite nicely.

USNAviator
03-20-11, 12:21 PM
Go for it Don. Until I return CONUS, it is an international call, and not worth spending my $$ on. You Maureens in the States can handle it quite nicely.

Have a safe trip Wyoming!!!

Wyoming
03-20-11, 12:22 PM
Your even more stupid than I thought you were. Did I not just post that I know I'm going to get kicked for disrespecting you idiots? I hope I do, because I don't know why I wasted my time browsing this website, and asking questions when most of you are so dated you haven't served in the last two decades.
So stop being pretentious idiots blabbering about how a civilian can disrespect you on your own website, when the only reason your here is so you can make yourself feel good about sharing what little knowledge you have to ignorant poolees.
The truth is of all the questions asked by poolees on this site, most of the answers can be found using a simple Google search. Any questions that aren't so simple you bombastic bastards have the same answer for all of them: "Trust in your recruiter, and be patient" Gee, thanks I couldn't come up with that one on my own.
Your rhetoric calls me childish, but when you say something like this:
"I hear the black helos warming up in the background...come on down Sgt Lep. Game over." It makes me think otherwise.

Holy ****, I couldn't get to the report icon fast enough, after reading the 1st sentence, and that is not something I use without a bit of thought.

Later jackwad, you will not be missed.

*******!!

Wyoming
03-20-11, 12:35 PM
Hahahahah, awwww, I mean .... Really?

Now who would do such a thing???

I ain't spending my Dirhams on an international.

Wyoming
03-20-11, 12:38 PM
It wasn't Wyoming, just so you folks know.

Hahaha, see above, Dave.

USNAviator
03-20-11, 12:40 PM
It wasn't Wyoming, just so you folks know.

t wasn't that damn doppelganger again was it?

Visor15
03-20-11, 12:51 PM
I'm sorry for being disrespecting. I should bite my tongue. But why does it matter? Its a post on an internet site. Do you really think I would say any of these things to anyone in the Chain of Command? If you knew me, you'd know I am a very respectful guy. If I was a Marine, I would never post that. But I'm not. I only gave a tongue lashing where I thought it was deserved. So who has nothing better to do than call a kids recruiter, who was rude to you on an internet post? Its kinda sad really.
But truly I didn't mean you were idiots. I realize you Marines and retired officers deserve respect.

Wyoming
03-20-11, 12:54 PM
Check your PM's *******.

Visor15
03-20-11, 01:17 PM
I am truly puzzled by the younger generation.
They say black is white. Then later on it is white that is black, or they didn't say it, or if they did, they didn't mean to, and if they meant to, they were out of their minds, or if they were.....and on and on and on, but changing back and forth just to suit their purposes, not to apologize.
It is just incredible.
It's like throwing hot coffee in someone's face, something clearly wrong.
Then come to find out they did not mean to do it, they were aiming in a totally different direction.
The whole thought process is f...up, big time.
And with that, on to other things------

I meant everything I said. But I know you are not idiots, it seems to me that sometimes your posts are just completely pointless. Im sorry because what I said on here caused you guys to get so riled up you found out where my dad works and threatened to call him. If you want to call him, just let me know and I will give you his cell number. I don't know what that will accomplish, but you can if you feel the need to. I'm sorry I was rude. I really shouldn't have been. I didn't think you would take a post on here so seriously.

USNAviator
03-20-11, 03:00 PM
Visor personally I don't care about you. There is a wealth of information and experience on here just waiting to be tapped. Many of these Marines have served in combat in Nam. They are from a generation who give and expect respect. When a youngster comes on here looking for advice sometimes he is tested with a little good natured ribbing. Most take it in stride but some like you take it personally. If you think these Marines gave you a tough time wait till you meet your DI's

But my reason for this is to ask you to personally apologize to softballcatch. For you see not only is she a Marine and a friend but she is also a lady. No threats, no badgering just asking you to man up and do the right thing

See if you can leave here on a positive note

Finally, I sincerely wish you good luck. If you do earn the title perhaps you'll see this experience from a different perspective.

USNAviator
03-20-11, 03:21 PM
Dan, the main issue is this. That no one ever means to do anything wrong. Ever.

Dave I guess that's why our prisons are so empty."Gee I didn't mean to do it officer" "Oh well in that case, run along home now and be a good lad" ;)

TunTvrnWarrior
03-20-11, 05:05 PM
I didn't think you would take a post on here so seriously.

Let's see:

1. You started out by dissing your own recruiter, who is a SNCO
2. You dissed other NCO and SNCO recruiters.
3. You dissed a MSGT of Marines.
4. You dissed various NCOs, SNCOs, and Marines on this forum.

I guess that thing about "Brotherhood" on your signature line doesnt mean a thing to you. Am I missing anything else?

BauerBrat
03-20-11, 05:51 PM
"I know its only a month, but I want to go now"

Easy on him lads, I think he's still teething. Anyone change his diapers lately?

Wyoming
03-20-11, 06:11 PM
"I know its only a month, but I want to go now"

Easy on him lads, I think he's still teething. Anyone change his diapers lately?

He's prolly ****ed cause his nuts ain't dropped yet.

USNAviator
03-20-11, 06:40 PM
I don't think he'll be back. I was hoping he'd man up and apologize to softballcatch. I took a closer look at his profile, two colleges in two years. Seems a trend to me perhaps not knowing what he wants to be when he grows up. Well in about 21 days he'll find out.

There is nothing wrong with being cocky but when that crosses over into being arrogant then you have problems

Dave you got to express yourself more, tell us how you really feel. Don't hold back it isn't good for you. ;)

Tennessee Top
03-21-11, 04:42 AM
Does anybody know...is Sgt Lep on vacation? He's normally faster than this.

DrZ
03-21-11, 07:43 AM
Marines and our resident Navy Cmdr...

I have viewed this person's replies and have concluded one of two possible scenarios exist.

First...He is real and if so, he will be straightened out in less than four weeks when he hits boot. If this is the situations...he is not worth our time to post anymore concerning anything.

Second...He is a troll. If you read some of his posts, he uses words they don't tend to use in OK and I really doubt a 20 year old would know them nor the proper meaning of them. The sentence structure is too good and reminds me of Fatty and/or several others who tend to have diarrhea of the mouth. If this is the true situation, then again he is not worth anymore of our time.

Since I am just an old guy who has not served in more than 3 decades, I obviously know nothing about the Marines and therefore will just sign off and let this person/troll/pain in the a$$ do as it sees fit. I suggest you do the same since Lep will take care of the light work for us.

YourPhoneIsMine
03-21-11, 03:08 PM
The sentence structure is too good and reminds me of Fatty and/or several others who tend to have diarrhea of the mouth.

up yours, I don't make dupe accounts and pose as poolees. I have never denied any of my dupe accounts and I never use more than one at a time. until this one is banned and I create a new one this is the one that you guys will know

I don't troll this specific forum (other ones, oh god yes), I come here specifically to give real responses to poolees that they might not get from some of the more fauxtivated of the bunch. The last thing these kids need is sugar coated recruiting commercial oorah answers, they need the truth.

YourPhoneIsMine
03-21-11, 03:30 PM
I just read through the whole thread, this was pretty funny. That kid's gonna get his ass handed to him.

did anyone seriously call his recruiter? another reason why I never gave y'all my recruiter's info :bunny:

DrZ
03-22-11, 08:44 AM
I just read through the whole thread, this was pretty funny. That kid's gonna get his ass handed to him.

did anyone seriously call his recruiter? another reason why I never gave y'all my recruiter's info :bunny:

Well it isn't Fatty. I agree with you....this kid won't even make it to the yellow footprints before some DI has him becoming intimate with the deck. Oh well...some children have to learn the hard way!

Sgt Leprechaun
03-23-11, 08:07 PM
Annnnnd....we may or may not see the smartazz in 30 days. Hey kid...you are lucky I'm in a good mood or it would be 'forever'.

Use the time to study, read our rules, and humble yourself.

Because you are going to have a long difficult time otherwise. Both here, and in the Marine Corps.

Oh and I concur with 'Phone. He doesn't make fake poolee accounts. Rest assured on that.

(I was out of commission since a deer decided to do a number on me and my car last week....back now)

sparkie
03-23-11, 08:12 PM
Good to see ya, Lep. Got a spare beer??

Sgt Leprechaun
03-23-11, 08:20 PM
I wish...back to work dangit...

YourPhoneIsMine
03-24-11, 07:51 AM
good to see you're ok. I hope that deer was delicious :p

Sgt Leprechaun
03-24-11, 05:26 PM
Didn't get a chance to eat it...my car pretty much destroyed it LOL