PDA

View Full Version : Some questions about USNA or NROTC Marine option

DelawareDude
03-03-11, 03:03 PM
Hello Marines, this is my first post and I was wondering if I can get some questions answered about either the Naval Academy in Annapolis or the NROTC Marine option.

I am currently a sophomore in high school and I've got a 4.0 gpa, and I am highly involved in my school's athletics. I am on the Lacrosse team, and I'm hoping to be team captain by next year. I also am involved in baseball and I was on the wrestling team last year. I am in the top percentage of my class as well. I also am an Eagle Scout and I volunteer with as much as I can at a local gym here in Dover. I'm also involved with my church too and help out as much as I can.

I was looking at some of the forums and I am just wondering if anyone could help me outi in regards to the Naval Academy. How competitive is it to get in and would I have a good chance, or do they want more on my record than just volunteering and good grades? I know I need a congressional appointment from my congressman, but do I also need anything else? I checked out the Academy's site, and it was helpful. But I'm just wondering if anyone here knows anything firsthand about it or if anyone has attended Annapolis?

Also, is it better to go to the Academy or NROTC, or are they both kind of the same? Thanks.

-Ethan-

DelawareDude
03-03-11, 03:18 PM
Oh I forgot, is it too early to start applying to the Academy if I'm still a sophomore?

Lisa 23
03-03-11, 03:29 PM
Ethan, try doing a search on the site. These topics have been covered before.

USNAviator
03-03-11, 03:32 PM
Oh I forgot, is it too early to start applying to the Academy if I'm still a sophomore?

You should apply for admission between April of your junior year in high school and January of your senior year in high school. The earlier you apply the better.

DelawareDude
03-03-11, 03:46 PM
Thanks so far for the help so far everyone. I appreciate it.

Tennessee Top
03-03-11, 04:07 PM
I hear they like dudes at the Naval Academy...you should do fine there.

USNAviator
03-03-11, 05:05 PM
I hear they like dudes at the Naval Academy...you should do fine there.

LOL......:thumbup: Top

Burke7051
03-03-11, 07:31 PM
Hello Marines, this is my first post and I was wondering if I can get some questions answered about either the Naval Academy in Annapolis or the NROTC Marine option.

I am currently a sophomore in high school and I've got a 4.0 gpa, and I am highly involved in my school's athletics. I am on the Lacrosse team, and I'm hoping to be team captain by next year. I also am involved in baseball and I was on the wrestling team last year. I am in the top percentage of my class as well. I also am an Eagle Scout and I volunteer with as much as I can at a local gym here in Dover. I'm also involved with my church too and help out as much as I can.

I was looking at some of the forums and I am just wondering if anyone could help me outi in regards to the Naval Academy. How competitive is it to get in and would I have a good chance, or do they want more on my record than just volunteering and good grades? I know I need a congressional appointment from my congressman, but do I also need anything else? I checked out the Academy's site, and it was helpful. But I'm just wondering if anyone here knows anything firsthand about it or if anyone has attended Annapolis?

Also, is it better to go to the Academy or NROTC, or are they both kind of the same? Thanks.

-Ethan-

Ethan,

I think you sound like a prime candidate for the Naval Academy. Your record from what you stated sounds good enough to me, but then again I'm not the one to make the decision to admit you. Thing is you gotta look at all your options, not just the Naval Academy dude. It is so highly selective and competitive, that even if you volunteered every hour of every day of your life until graduation, you still might not get in. If I were you I would examine all your options, whether it be Annapolis, NROTC, or OCS after college.

Another option you might want to consider is the Mustang route. That's where you can go in as Enlisted for a few years then apply for OCS. There's nothing wrong with that, as it will give you an advantage in the sense that you would have experience as both an Enlisted man and as an Officer and a Leader of Marines. While I never attended the Academy and I'm in the process of trying to finish up my Bachelor's degree, I know that some of the finest officers I had the privilege of knowing and serving with were Mustangs first. In all honesty though in my opinion, it doesn't matter whether you attend Annapolis or whether you go NROTC at another University, or if you go to OCS after college, its how you act as a leader of Marines that counts. Whatever route you take though is up to you, and I wish you the best. Good luck man, I'll be glad to help you as best I can, even though I'm just a simple Marine firefighter :cool:

DelawareDude
03-03-11, 07:59 PM
You should apply for admission between April of your junior year in high school and January of your senior year in high school. The earlier you apply the better.

Thank you sir I will definitely do that.

-Ethan-

DelawareDude
03-03-11, 08:09 PM
Good luck man, I'll be glad to help you as best I can, even though I'm just a simple Marine firefighter :cool:

Yeah your right your just some simple firefighter CPLBurke, what would you possibly know about the Naval Academy? You were just some Corporal who drove some Red Humvee around a base that looked like a fire truck or some big tanker looking weird fire fighting truck thing, like those things you see at an airport. I am hoping to be Marine Harrier pilot one day, that's what I want to do so bad, so what on Earth would you possibly know about the academy dude, oh ya that's right, honestly, probably nothing. You were just a Corporal, so shouldn't you be putting out a fire instead? But thanks for the other words of wisdom I guess, doesn't seem like what you said will be of much use to me Corporal Burke.

-Ethan-

USNAviator
03-03-11, 08:44 PM
Yeah your right your just some simple firefighter CPLBurke, what would you possibly know about the Naval Academy? You were just some Corporal who drove some Red Humvee around a base that looked like a fire truck or some big tanker looking weird fire fighting truck thing, like those things you see at an airport. I am hoping to be Marine Harrier pilot one day, that's what I want to do so bad, so what on Earth would you possibly know about the academy dude, oh ya that's right, honestly, probably nothing. You were just a Corporal, so shouldn't you be putting out a fire instead? But thanks for the other words of wisdom I guess, doesn't seem like what you said will be of much use to me Corporal Burke.

-Ethan-

Are you serious???????

A Marine comes on here offering advice and you turn on him. What do you think this is? You haven't a clue what it means to be an officer.

I'm done with you. Get out of my sight. But first apologize to Cpl Burke, he earned the title you can only dream about, he's a Marine

WTF is with these entitlement babies?

Tennessee Top
03-03-11, 09:34 PM
Commander,

He is waiting for the next individual to pat him on his back and tell him what a swell dude he is as he is accustomed to. Offering encouragement and support from a mere enlisted man is below the likes of him (he obviously has never considered it's the enlisted men who would keep his Harrier from falling out of the sky...with him in it; or, Cpl Burke risking his own life to pull his arrogant azz out of a burning plane).

Not to worry. Sgt Leprechaun will be along later tonight and I already hear the rotor blades in the background. Some people just like putting big targets on their backs. Shouldn't take long for dude to be extracted from this website.

03Mike
03-03-11, 09:42 PM

-Ethan-

Wow... I was about to chime in and offer some advice about the academy... I think I still will... with that attitude.... DON'T!

Seriously, even after four years at the Naval Academy and a decade in the Fleet Marine Forces, there's still a sh!tload you can learn from a corporal of Marines. Let me spell it out for you - this Marine that you are disrespecting is an officer -- and who the "F" are you?

"Wait a minute," you say. "He's not an officer, he's a corporal."

That's where your wrong, Betsy. He's a non-commissioned officer, and yes, that means he is an officer -- and qualifies for your respect. Just like a staff non-commissioned officer, a warrant officer, or a commissioned officer. For that matter, anyone wearing the uniform, from the most boot private just out of MCRD graduation to the Commandant rates a great deal of respect from you.

You've got a lot of growing up to do.

Go away.

USNAviator
03-03-11, 09:55 PM
Commander,

He is waiting for the next individual to pat him on his back and tell him what a swell dude he is as he is accustomed to. Offering encouragement and support from a mere enlisted man is below the likes of him (he obviously has never considered it's the enlisted men who would keep his Harrier from falling out of the sky...with him in it; or, Cpl Burke risking his own life to pull his arrogant azz out of a burning plane).

Not to worry. Sgt Leprechaun will be along later tonight and I already hear the rotor blades in the background. Some people just like putting big targets on their backs. Shouldn't take long for dude to be extracted from this website.

Agreed Top, I'm tying to balance the fact that he's 15/16 with his attitude and lack of respect for enlisted personnel. I think my mother misplaced the silver spoon I was born with, I had to earn my way through life. As I'm sure you did as well.

Burke7051
03-03-11, 09:59 PM
I only tried to offer you some advice man. That's what we are here for, to help people like you. I may just be a firefighter, but I'm damn. good at what I do, but above anything else I am a Marine. Yeah I'm JUST a firefighter, and you want to fly Harriers? Well who do you think is going to save your @ss when your Harrier is coming in for a landing and the engine is burnt out, disabled, or shot up, or your plane is on fire and its about to explode into a ball of flames, possibly killing you if your not dead already or scarred for life from the burns you've sustained.

That's right, me! Me and my fellow Crash Crew brothers are the ones who are putting our lives on the line to save you and possibly save your aircraft. I have seen it happen before. I served my country in the Marine Corps as a Crash Crewman and I am proud of what I did, and I don't regret a single day of it. I enjoy being a firefighter, it gives me a sense of satisfaction knowing I'm helping people in need. Please do not disrespect me or degrade me or any of my brothers regardless of their MOS, in any way, I never showed you anything less than simple courtesy and respect man. I really want you to succeed in the Military if that's what you want to do.

But you have to learn some basic respect, and know that even though you may be a commissioned officer one day, we are all Marines at the end of the day. I know this is just an internet forum, but to be called "just a Corporal", and "just a Firefighter", that does hurt. I do what I do because I love my job and enjoy it. I went in as enlisted because that was what I wanted to do. I really hope you can improve on your attitude Ethan. You don't seem to be sounding too much like an Eagle Scout right now though. I really hope they don't boot you off this sight man, because I see a lot of potential, but its not right to degrade people who are just trying to help. A good officer is a good leader who listens to all of his men, whether it is the lowliest private in the platoon to the Commandant of the Corps if need be. He may not like their advice or opinions, but he is more of a respected leader at the end of the day if he just takes the time to listen to his Marines and let them help him, so in turn he can help them.

USNAviator
03-03-11, 10:00 PM
Wow... I was about to chime in and offer some advice about the academy... I think I still will... with that attitude.... DON'T!.

Go away.

Thanks Mike, I'm DOMR ( dropping on my request) his advice.Hoping to be back home 3/13-20 if you're in town. Send me a PM

DelawareDude
03-03-11, 10:32 PM
I never meant to degrade anyone. Its just I don't see how CPL Burke would know about the Academy. I really want to attend Annapolis, its been something I've thought about ever since I can remember. I know I can make it, I've got the grades, I'm active in sports, I volunteer, I'm an Eagle Scout, so I really hope I can get accepted to Annapolis.

Please don't kick me off this site. I really do respect everyone in the military. My great-grandfather flew PBY Catalina flying boats with the Navy. My Dad was in the Army in Vietman with artillery, and my Dad was in the Air Force during the Gulf War. I just want to serve and fly jets so bad. Its just I had a really bad day at Lacrosse practice today that's all.

TunTvrnWarrior
03-03-11, 10:37 PM

-Ethan-

Ethan, you little dirt bag pansy. If for some reason you soil my Marine Corps by scamming your way through the Naval Academy and OCS and Harrier flight training, you will get an attitude adjustment in the fleet.

Pilots love thier flight pay. If you have a bad reputation among your troops, you wont be flying, because your aircraft will be down due to maintenance every time you want to fly it and there is not a darn thing you will be able to do about it. The C.O. will see right through it.

TunTvrnWarrior
03-03-11, 10:42 PM
I never meant to degrade anyone. Its just I don't see how CPL Burke would know about the Academy. I really want to attend Annapolis, its been something I've thought about ever since I can remember. I know I can make it, I've got the grades, I'm active in sports, I volunteer, I'm an Eagle Scout, so I really hope I can get accepted to Annapolis.

Please don't kick me off this site. I really do respect everyone in the military. My great-grandfather flew PBY Catalina flying boats with the Navy. My Dad was in the Army in Vietman with artillery, and my Dad was in the Air Force during the Gulf War. I just want to serve and fly jets so bad. Its just I had a really bad day at Lacrosse practice today that's all.

Delaware, you had your chance. I spoke with you previously and advised you to apologize to Top and Cmdr Dan on the other thread thinking you just screwed up. But you showed your true colors. You are arrogant. Go away!

DelawareDude
03-03-11, 10:51 PM
Delaware, you had your chance. I spoke with you previously and advised you to apologize to Top and Cmdr Dan on the other thread thinking you just screwed up. But you showed your true colors. You are arrogant. Go away!

That wasn't me in that thread though I swear, that's hooey boy or something like that. I really am trying my best to get accepted to the Academy.

-Ethan-

TunTvrnWarrior
03-03-11, 10:59 PM
That wasn't me in that thread though I swear, that's hooey boy or something like that. I really am trying my best to get accepted to the Academy.

Point taken. You are right. I was thinking you were someone else. I cant believe you talked to an NCO like that son. You havent apologized to him. You apologized to those on the site.

If you took the time to see the Corporal's reply to you, you will see the mark of a true leader. The theme and the core values that are very evident in that Corporal's psyche and reply are "confidence" and "humility". He is a hero, but you wouldnt know that. He wouldnt say that, but I am saying it.

Burke7051
03-03-11, 11:32 PM
Point taken. You are right. I was thinking you were someone else. I cant believe you talked to an NCO like that son. You havent apologized to him. You apologized to those on the site.

If you took the time to see the Corporal's reply to you, you will see the mark of a true leader. The theme and the core values that are very evident in that Corporal's psyche and reply are "confidence" and "humility". He is a hero, but you wouldnt know that. He wouldnt say that, but I am saying it.

Thing is, I don't consider myself a hero. Never really thought of myself as one. I'm just doing my job

DanTheMan B
03-04-11, 12:12 AM
Well I think you are a hero Burke. All Marines are heroes brother. I'm sorry that this DelawareDude kid can't see that. I just hope he gets his chit together before he arrives at the Naval Academy (that is if he makes it that far).

DelawareDude
03-04-11, 01:52 AM
I don't think its fair how everyone ganged up on me for asking a question about the Naval Academy. I want to earn the title the rest of you have, but I also have wanted to go to Annapolis since I was little. It really has been my dream to go there. I realize I shouldn't have said what I said to CPL Burke. I just didn't see how a Marine who is a fire fighter could know about the Academy, that was all. I did not intend to insult anyone whatsoever. I was just having a bad day because my lacrosse practice and game went really bad, that's all. I never inteded to make everyone mad.

-Ethan-

TunTvrnWarrior
03-04-11, 07:00 AM
I don't think its fair how everyone ganged up on me for asking a question about the Naval Academy. I want to earn the title the rest of you have, but I also have wanted to go to Annapolis since I was little. It really has been my dream to go there. I realize I shouldn't have said what I said to CPL Burke. I just didn't see how a Marine who is a fire fighter could know about the Academy, that was all. I did not intend to insult anyone whatsoever. I was just having a bad day because my lacrosse practice and game went really bad, that's all. I never inteded to make everyone mad.

-Ethan-

You still havent apologized to CPLBurke or to anyone for that matter. All you have done is made excuses about your arrogance with arrogance. You wonder why everyone has ganged up on you. Get a clue.

0331 2 0369
03-04-11, 07:11 AM
After reading this thread, I agree with you TunTvrnWarrior. Cpl Burke gave some good sound advice. Obviously this kid just doesn't get it. He is no different from most kids his age in that he knows more than a seasoned veteran.

Cpl Burke---- that was good advice to any kid looking to go the route of the O club.

And I never did see where he has taken the time to really examine the advice he was given and appologise to Cpl Burke.

I have no idea who this kid is or why he would go so far to insult a Marine but to you Cpl Burke... I will appologise for him. Thank you for your service and sacrifices you have made to ensure that this punk has the right to express his "freedom of speech". Especially in english.

Wyoming
03-04-11, 07:43 AM
**** this punk ass little snot nosed *******. He's so ****ing used to be patted on the back and having his ass wiped, that he is an arrogant little bastard.

Ha, the comment about flight pay is true. **** with a Crew Chief and when you are put on the flight schedule, your itty bitty harrier is gonna be down for maintenance. It happens ****bird.

Man up you little ****. Your nuts ain't even dropped, you come on a Marine forum, ask questions, don't like the answers, and you cop an attitude.

Well, take your attitude and stick it up your ass!!!

Never forget, **** with one, you **** with them all!!

Oh wait, what would I know? I'm just a Corporal.

TazMatt
03-04-11, 08:07 AM
Deleware Dude you screwed up big time. You disrespected someone who was offering good advice. I usally don't comment much but when you start disrespecting firefighters and NCO's you are in a world of ****. My son is a Firefighter and and EMT also and they put there lives on the line for people like you everyday just like the Cpl does and you are trying to give them all a bad name .Giving excuses about having a bad game of lacrosse and anything else is just that an excuse and excuses are like ass holes every one has one and they all stink at one time or another. So man up and apolagise for your error and maybe you will learn that everything is not given you must earn some things.

Marine1011
03-04-11, 10:55 AM
Hi Delaware Fool. Hey listen, this is the trend these days, to insult people then say I didn't mean to, I'm so sorry IF you thought this or that. And then to say you had a bad day at lacrosse..What a loser.
You don't belong in the Corps. Try the Boy Scouts. With your attitude, you don't want to go to the Naval Academy anyway. You don't have what it takes to mow their lawns.

USNAviator
03-04-11, 11:18 AM
The only way someone with maladjusted attitudes and lack of respect will ever be part of this will be as a visitor

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/ecjzjDG-EnE/0.jpg

Marine1011
03-04-11, 11:23 AM
Right you are, Sir, and if I had my druthers, he wouldn't be gettiing in that way neither

DelawareDude
03-04-11, 12:01 PM
Come on guys, please give me another chance here. I didn't mean to offend anyone, I was having a bad day. I know it was wrong what I said, I just didn't get how he would know though. I have nothing but respect for you guys and everyone in uniform. I just want to get accepted into Annapolis so bad, I want to be given the chance and I want to fly Harriers so bad. This is my dream and I want to be good at it. I don't want just be a visitor there, I want to be part of it more than anything else and I want to be part of it so bad.

Baker1971
03-04-11, 12:06 PM
This is what someone else said. That people never "mean to offend anyone", or if they did, they have no idea that they did. And if they did, they had a bad day, but they never apologize, and if they do, it is insincere.
Welcome to 2011, the age of disrespect and no apologies. Gotta love it. It's so bad that people don't even KNOW they are being disrespectful, and if they are, it is the bad day they are having.

DelawareDude
03-04-11, 12:06 PM
The only way someone with maladjusted attitudes and lack of respect will ever be part of this will be as a visitor

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/ecjzjDG-EnE/0.jpg

I can shape up my attitute sir, I want to be part of that so bad, not just as a visitor. I am sorry for making you guys mad, I never intended to, I was having a bad day, but that was no excuse.

Tennessee Top
03-04-11, 12:15 PM
All I know is, when I have a bad day at lacross practice, or a really bad game, for whatever reason I just lose all my bearing and character and start disrespecting everybody. All those other aspects of my life like Eagle Scouts and volunteering at church seem to not mean that much to me anymore. Lacross is really hard and it makes you really tired (you sweat a lot too and sometimes your jock might be a little too tight which makes it difficult to catch the ball). Of course, none of you come from priviledge like me so you've probably never even played the game.

GIVE ME A FVKING BREAK DUDE.

We have spelled it out for you but you STILL do not get it and never will. You do not come on a USMC forum and disrespect Marines...duh (whether you intended to or not that's what you did). We Marines stick together and you have our undevided attention right now.

What's taking Sgt Leprechaun so long? Can't believe this piece of whale chit is still breathing my air on this forum.

BauerBrat
03-04-11, 12:22 PM
Hey dumb a$$ what did the Commander tell you to do? Have you done it? You have no clue do you?

You owe Cpl. Burke an apology. I for one will leave it up to the Corporal if you stay or leave.

DelawareDude
03-04-11, 12:23 PM
I acknowledge what I said was wrong sir. That's not who I am as person. I realize I am giving the impression that I am acting like a spoiled jock athlete. I never intended to disrespect anyone on this forum, I swear. I had no right to say what I did about CPL Burke. I should never have said what I said about him, that's not who I am and I should never have said it. Please do not ban me from this site, I really want to stay and it has been helpful, and I know I haven't.

-Ethan-

Baker1971
03-04-11, 12:27 PM
Don't give it too much thought, and don't worry about it. This is the trend these days, to not even know that you disrespected anyone. That is the issue these days, one of them. The world revolves around us, we are at the center, and if we did anything wrong, it:
1. Was not intentional.
2. We had no idea we did it.
3. We are not really sorry for it, else we would not have done it in the first place.
4. We had a bad day.

So, I understand only too well what is going on, and this is in the making for decades, so don't worry about it, it is NORMAL for people nowadays to be like this. You are only one of hundreds of thousands. You should derive some comfort out of that.

DanTheMan B
03-04-11, 12:46 PM
Hey dumb a$$ what did the Commander tell you to do? Have you done it? You have no clue do you?

You owe Cpl. Burke an apology. I for one will leave it up to the Corporal if you stay or leave.

:thumbup: Agreed.... I think this one should be left up to Burke (with Sgt. Lep's approval of course).

Lisa 23
03-04-11, 12:58 PM
I can shape up my attitute sir, I want to be part of that so bad, not just as a visitor. I am sorry for making you guys mad, I never intended to, I was having a bad day, but that was no excuse.

It's Marines, they've EARNED it.
And when addressing USNAviator, that'll be "Sir" to you, he's EARNED it!

Marine1011
03-04-11, 01:01 PM
Cpl Burke is a reasonable Marine, I've seen his other posts, always tries to help out folks with questions, so he isn't gonna opt to boot Delaware. But he might advise him to stay away from lacrosse just before he starts postin

DelawareDude
03-04-11, 01:01 PM
It's Marines, they've EARNED it.
And when addressing USNAviator, that'll be "Sir" to you, he's EARNED it!

Oops, sorry about that.

-Ethan-

TunTvrnWarrior
03-04-11, 04:12 PM
:evilgrin:......... still awaiting the apology to CPLBurke.

Marine3451
03-04-11, 05:10 PM
Aren't harriers being phased out by the joint strike fighter. I bet delewaredude would be the type of officer that when someone gives him the proper greeting of the day he would probuly keep walking and ignore their existance. Let me know who your congressman is so I can write him and ask him not to recommend you to the academy and forward him a copy of this forum. Then we will see if he sides with a Marine who is just a Corporal and therefore a retard by your standards or some unknown civillian who is 1 in 100 asking for his 1 or 2 recomendations he can give

BauerBrat
03-04-11, 05:14 PM
:evilgrin:......... still awaiting the apology to CPLBurke.

Me too and sound off like you mean it! :flag:

DelawareDude
03-04-11, 05:22 PM
I thought I had apologized already though. I didn't mean what I said about that Burke guy. I really am serious about trying to get in to the Academy, I am committed. I had a bad day and I shouldn't have takem it out on everyone. I realize how important people like firefighters are. I just want to be given a chance to be a Marine officer and a shot at the Academy.

-Ethan-

DelawareDude
03-04-11, 05:28 PM
Aren't harriers being phased out by the joint strike fighter. I bet delewaredude would be the type of officer that when someone gives him the proper greeting of the day he would probuly keep walking and ignore their existance. Let me know who your congressman is so I can write him and ask him not to recommend you to the academy and forward him a copy of this forum. Then we will see if he sides with a Marine who is just a Corporal and therefore a retard by your standards or some unknown civillian who is 1 in 100 asking for his 1 or 2 recomendations he can give

No I'm not that type of guy. I really want to go to the Academy. I know what I said was wrong, I admit that. It was disrespctful and I had no right to say what I said about that guy Burke. Can any of you Marines please help me out with some info on the Academy or ROTC? Like what is the lifestyle like and things like that. I know there are things in the forum that have covered this already, and I know the Academy has information on its site. I also requested information from them. I just want to be given a shot at this.

-Ethan-

USNAviator
03-04-11, 05:31 PM
Son you're not getting it. They, the Marines, want you to apologize to Corporal Burke, not that guy Burke. They want you to address your next post to Corporal Burke explaining why you said what you did. I'm sure you've apologized before because you seem like the type who makes lots of mistakes

TunTvrnWarrior
03-04-11, 05:34 PM
Lep, when you read this thread, will you kindly escort Delawaredude out of our freaking sight forever.

DelawareDude
03-04-11, 05:47 PM
Son you're not getting it. They, the Marines, want you to apologize to Corporal Burke, not that guy Burke. They want you to address your next post to Corporal Burke explaining why you said what you did. I'm sure you've apologized before because you seem like the type who makes lots of mistakes

I will apologize to CPL Burke and I am going to. I want to think though what I'm gonna say though so it is meaningful sir. I really don't want to get kicked off this site. I know I screwed up and I'm sorry.

-Ethan-

Marine3451
03-04-11, 05:48 PM
Dear Congressman Carney and Senetor Carper and Senetor Coons,

Please do not recommend Ethan DiGrazziano of Dover, Deleware for appointment to the U.S Naval Academy based on blatent disrespect of a US Marine Corporal. It is my personal opinion that he does not have the essential leadership trait's that are essntial to be a successful officer and leader in the military. Proof of my claim can be found at http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102201

Respectfully,
Corporal of Marines

That what the letter would look like and nobody is going to answer your question now

USNAviator
03-04-11, 05:49 PM

Good point re. the Harrier. They will be replaced by the F-35 JSF. But given how low down the food the Corps usually is, it will probably be along time before they are operational. I know the Harriers are being flown in Attack squadrons so not sure how much of a change the F-35 will make to that role

DanTheMan B
03-04-11, 05:52 PM
I still say it should be Burke's call on whether Ethan stays or gets the boot. Just sayin'.

Marine3451
03-04-11, 05:59 PM
Good point re. the Harrier. They will be replaced by the F-35 JSF. But given how low down the food the Corps usually is, it will probably be along time before they are operational. I know the Harriers are being flown in Attack squadrons so not sure how much of a change the F-35 will make to that role

Sir,I know they are are talking about bringing a JSF squadron here to Beaufort and I think they may have started construction on the hangers but there is alot of talk on scraping the Marine Corps Variant and making us use the other services version due to funding

USNAviator
03-04-11, 06:00 PM
I still say it should be Burke's call on whether Ethan stays or gets the boot. Just sayin'.

Cpl. Burke posted earlier today he was having trouble posting in this forum, perhaps that has been rectified

USNAviator
03-04-11, 06:10 PM
Sir,I know they are are talking about bringing a JSF squadron here to Beaufort and I think they may have started construction on the hangers but there is alot of talk on scraping the Marine Corps Variant and making us use the other services version due to funding

That's typical Cpl. Typical cluster f$ck thinking.

Sgt Leprechaun
03-04-11, 07:40 PM
It is CPL BURKE's call. If it were soley up to me I'd extract your little disrespectful 'It's all about me azz' out of here so fast you wouldn't know what the hell time it is.

Just who the FUVK do you think you are, anyway?

This is what is going to happen in the meantime:

There will be an UNEQUIVICAL apology posted not only to Cpl Burke but to every other Marine and officer here. It better include the words "I am a jackazz" and "Please forgive my stupidity". I had better NOT see "I was having a bad day/my period/a boo boo/I wasn't on my meds/etc etc."

Be glad you are not in my immediate vicinity otherwise I would personally give you an azz chewing you wouldn't soon forget.

I had also better see this apology as your NEXT post, or I will make it my personal mission to see you forever gone.

The black helicopters are hovering. Give me a reason.

After the apology is posted, it will STILL be up to the NonCommissioned Officer of Marines to decide on what to do with you.

I'd suggest you begin writing....

USNAviator
03-04-11, 08:47 PM
Ethan still waiting upon your response. The person known as Sgt. Lep is a Moderator, he has the power of life or death over you on this site. He could ban me if he wanted

What stands before you and exile is your reply to Cpl Burke. If you want to quit, then do so.Hell you can walk away from this site and no one will know nor care

But if you man up and do what is asked of you then I think there might be some hope for you

It's up to you but please no more excuses about lacrosse. Marines on here lost buddies in combat, suffered wounds where it doesn't show so lacrosse is not high on their list of excuses

Wyoming
03-04-11, 09:02 PM
that Burke guy

... is a Marine, *******!!!

BauerBrat
03-04-11, 09:18 PM
I'm tired of waiting for this sh$tbirds reply. It ain't gonna happen gents because in his mind he's done nothing wrong. After all Burke is "just" a Cpl.....turd

DelawareDude
03-04-11, 09:53 PM
To every single Marine, Poolee, potential Marine, and anyone else I have offended on this site:

First and foremost to CPL Burke. I wholeheartedly apologize for what I said about you in regards to your rank and your job. What I said was unacceptable and unforgivable. I truly do appreciate the advice that you gave me Corporal, and it was very helpful for me. I do not know why I said what I said, but regardless, the fact of the matter is I said it, and it was disgusting. I had no right to say you had no idea about the Academy just because you were a firefighter and a Corporal. That was not right of me. I really do apreciate your advice, and I truly hope that you can give me more advice and guidance in regards to this subject. Even if you do not accept my apology, please no that I never intended to disrespect you or any one else in any way, although I know that is very hard to believe at this point. Firefighters and Marines are heroes, and CPL Burke you are a hero as well. I truly do apologize for what I said to you. You are more than "just a Corporal", you and every other Marine are everything I wish I could be. Compared to you all, I am not much of anything, just a high school kid and arrogant athlete who is too full of himself.

Secondly, to every other Marine and member of the Military on this site that was offended by what I said, I honestly do apologize to you all as well. It was totally inappropriate and unexcuseable to speak the way I did to a Marine who was trying to help me. Regardless of what happened to me, it gave me no right to take it out on those who were trying to help me and offer assistance in regards to a question that I myself asked on this site. I did not realize the gravity of what I said, nor did I realize at the time that it would anger so many of you. I really do respect every one of your opinions. I really do apologize to you all for the garbage I said.

Please believe when I say that the way I spoke to CPL Burke in this thread is not who I am. I have nothing but the utmost respect for every single man and woman who has worn our great nation's uniforms. I honestly did act like a total spoiled jackass. I acted like a complete jock. I truly do hope to earn a place at the United States Naval Academy in Annapolis. Although, I realize my actions and words in this forum have not reflected this in any way. Officers act like gentlemen, and as a hopeful future officer one day, I hope that I will be able to help Marines and others the way you all help people like me everyday. Whatever the decision is in regards to my future on this website and whatever it may be, please know that I truly appreciate each and every one of you and your service to our nation. I hope that one day I can achieve my goal of becoming a Marine Officer, and I hope that each and every one of you can help me achieve that. Whatever the decision may be in regards to me, again I truly am sorry, and I mean that with everything in me right now. That was not who I am or what I am about. Thank you all for your service.

-Ethan DiGrazziano-

TunTvrnWarrior
03-04-11, 09:59 PM
Apology accepted. Now it is up to CPLBurke.

USNAviator
03-04-11, 10:05 PM
Good job and I mean that sincerely Ethan. There still may be hope for you yet. But as agreed upon it's up to Cpl Burke

Sgt Leprechaun
03-04-11, 11:23 PM
Closed until I hear from Cpl Burke. When that occurs I will relate the outcome. Cpl Burke, please send me a PM, and I'll either open it again so you can advise, or post the final result.

There is no further need to pile on, plenty of azz has been chewed and the lad has 'manned up' and done what was asked and required. Once that happens, we pack our gear, about face, 'aye aye' and move on. It's not personal, it's professional.

Decision is held in abeyance until such time as Cpl Burke contacts me.

Sgt Leprechaun
03-05-11, 12:23 AM
Cpl Burke has made his decision...his post will follow. A true professional....learn from him, young Padawan....your NCO's will make, or break you.

Burke7051
03-05-11, 12:43 AM
Ethan,

One thing, and listen very carefully. What I'm gonna say is somewhat short and to the point. We all make mistakes man. All human beings make mistakes. Yes, even Marines make mistakes. God knows I've made my fair share of screw ups over the years. Yet we learn from our mistakes and we move on from them. They are what makes us better characters and better Men, but above all our mistakes sometimes our what make us better human beings. Alas, we are all human beings at the end of the day trying to find our places on this Island Earth.

I think you have chosen your place. I think you have a good head on your shoulders and I think you will do well, whether it be from the day you walk through the gates of the Academy to the day you throw your hat up into the air in that stadium when you get commissioned, I think you will do well and go far. If you don't get into Annapolis, take it with a grain of salt and go from there as to how you can best be a Marine. You remind me a lot of myself, Hell I'm only 25 years old, your probably only a few years younger than me, so I know the pressures of life and I know how demanding your days can be. Life takes its toll on us sometimes. I think you will do good in life and go far. A good officer always listens to the men under his command and learns to take advice, suggestions, and criticism with class, tact, and humility.

That said in closing, I fully accept your apology and I hope my fellow Marines will as well. I also hope we all move on and learn from this and remember that we are all human and make mistakes. Nobody is perfect. I wish you success in whatever you decide to do, whether it be flying Harriers, Helos, being Infantry, another branch of the Military, or a civilian, no matter what good luck and never give up on your goals.

I asked Sgt. Lep to let you stay on this site, because I believe you have a lot of potential and I am confidence you will go far man. I hope you will help others on this site, and I will try my best to help you as well. Any other infractions you make though are beyond my control, and it will be up to the wrath of Sgt. Lep to decide from there, just as he would with anyone else on this site, including myself. That said, I'm done, and never stop believing in yourself. Good luck man.

Semper Fidelis,
Derek

Sgt Leprechaun
03-05-11, 12:50 AM
A class act to be sure.

The lad remains. Lesson learned.

This one is closed, any further items can be dealt with via PM. I see no reason to allow any further piling on.

"So let it be written...so let it be done".