PDA

View Full Version : Need some input.

Mike2587
03-02-11, 07:04 PM
I am 24 years old. And I've always been interested in the Corps.. I was in the Young Marines for 4 years when younger, my uncle is currently a Gunnery Seargent in the Corps. I have been working since I graduated high school, I've had a lot of ups and downs in the last couple of years unfortunately and got into some things I never should have, but that's life. I was very close to enlisting 3 years ago, but I got a really good job making very good money. I was laid off unfortunately and to be honest I just want something different, I've spoke to my uncle about enlisting and he's all for it, as am I. I'm a bit out of shape rite now, but currently working on getting back to it. My goal is to be at my desired weight by mid May. I would like to enlist right away but have to drop a couple of pounds before I can get the ball rolling. I'm very excited about this, it just feels right. My only regret is not enlisting out of high school or when I originally thought of it. That's besides the point, I'm interested in now and my future as a Marine! I would like some information on what everybody thinks, if you don't mind. Any MOS preferances? Am I maybe to old to enlist? I'll probably be the oldest at boot camp lol. ANYTHING really! I really look forward to reading what's posted and respect everyone's opinion. Thanks for your time.

bilesga
03-02-11, 07:27 PM
Mike,

First off, if becoming a Marine is your dream, two words: "DO IT!" There are two kinds of people; those who do, and those who don't! As far as your age, you are still well within the age requirements, we had a guy who was close to 30 when I went to boot camp. Concentrate on getting yourself into the best shape that you can, before heading to Boot Camp. As far as an MOS, depending on what you did for a living before, might be something to look into, however they can give you a test to see what MOS'S you may qaulify for based on your skills. Ask your recruiter about that.
Hope this helps you, and good luck!

Old Marine
03-02-11, 07:31 PM
Talk to you Uncle, GySgt's, have all the answers.

Mike2587
03-02-11, 07:32 PM
Thanks for the input brother.

Covey_Rider
03-03-11, 06:46 AM
I'll be the stickler here...You need to go to the poolee section of the forum and read the rules.

Mike2587
03-03-11, 06:52 AM
I did but I can't post anything up. Sorry to bother man.

Silentwarrior17
03-03-11, 06:54 AM
Sorry to bother man.

Last time I checked he is a MARINE not just man.

Mike2587
03-03-11, 06:55 AM
Apologies.

USNAviator
03-03-11, 07:14 AM
I'll be the stickler here...You need to go to the poolee section of the forum and read the rules.

Me too, no profile at all. This is a double post and unless you and Old Marine are related, he's not your brother

Mike2587
03-03-11, 07:27 AM
Again my apologies. Fixed my profile. I'm sorry I'm new to the site gentlemen.

SGT7477
03-03-11, 07:32 AM
Go for our title, don't have any regrets later on in life, Good Luck, Semper Fidelis.