PDA

View Full Version : E-2

firsttofight
02-03-11, 05:51 PM
Just got 2 guys to sign up. and got my promotion to E-2! :marine: which is pretty awesome, anyone else goin into RT a PFC?

Languagelover23
02-03-11, 05:52 PM
Me, college credits and 4 years of JROTC : )

firsttofight
02-03-11, 05:56 PM
Dang, are you going to be a PFC or L. Cpl.?

Languagelover23
02-03-11, 07:10 PM
PFC, they don't promote you to E-3 for boot (even though other branches will). But I am going to try to earn that LCpl in boot!

Taviah
02-03-11, 07:34 PM
I got it from college credits.

I wanted 2 referrals for the Ka-Bar but most of the kids I wanted to refer had some history, or didn't get a diploma. So I'll just buy my Ka-bar.:confused:

semperfimrn1
02-03-11, 08:26 PM
sucks cause the people i know are in school and don't want to join

Nerd
02-03-11, 09:30 PM
sucks cause the people i know are in school and don't want to join

I got the same problem brother (or sister. I didn't check your profile). These kids are just all about "I don't wanna die" bunch of cowards

semperfimrn1
02-03-11, 10:09 PM
brother lol. its all good. yea same here pretty much. haha

Kiri
02-03-11, 10:17 PM
got mine last month

Languagelover23
02-03-11, 11:20 PM
I feel you guys, all my friends are old as hell and are either covered in tats or have kids. No referrals for me lol.

soon2bMarine10
02-03-11, 11:25 PM
I got mine off college Credits!!

Big Tuna
02-04-11, 01:40 AM
Yea I'm getting my E-2 off of college credits as well, and I'm in the same boat as some of the older people here... I'm going in at 24 years old, so most of my friends have graduated college and/or established a career and have no intention of starting a new one.

...their loss.

RBrouse
02-04-11, 02:20 AM
I should have mine for the college credits but one of the classes I took isn't showing up in my record at the college and they are just sending me from person to person saying the other can fix it. Its ****ing frustrating but I took the classes ace'd all of them and even the teacher knows me pretty well, but it kinda looks like I wont be getting the credits. P.S. they are for first responder and EMT-beginner EMT-intermediate classes I took during high school through a program that I got high school and college credits for the same class and it should have equaled out to 15 credits but I only have 10 right now and the class I'm missing is worth 5 :devious:

RBrouse
02-04-11, 02:29 AM
Also my two best friends are going ROTC one through air force one through army... personally I think ROTC is a joke and those two agree they party for four years then become officers they both agree it kind of a joke. None of my other friends want to join the marines either, out of my graduating class of just over 500 kids (i know not that much) but 26 went in to military 8 army 4 air force 6 navy 1 Marine(me) 2 coast guard 5 national guard I wasn't able to even interest anyone even the recruiters hate my school I'm the first to enlist in the Marines from it for 3 years. So I was screwed from the start on referrals

Languagelover23
02-04-11, 03:20 AM
Also my two best friends are going ROTC one through air force one through army... personally I think ROTC is a joke and those two agree they party for four years then become officers they both agree it kind of a joke. None of my other friends want to join the marines either, out of my graduating class of just over 500 kids (i know not that much) but 26 went in to military 8 army 4 air force 6 navy 1 Marine(me) 2 coast guard 5 national guard I wasn't able to even interest anyone even the recruiters hate my school I'm the first to enlist in the Marines from it for 3 years. So I was screwed from the start on referrals

You have the same ship date as me! You're the first I've seen. Too bad you aren't a female lol!

USMC Infantry
02-04-11, 12:39 PM
The kid I'm trying to bring in wants to come but he's a flake...

Vise
02-04-11, 12:43 PM
My recruiters are threatening to take jobs away if we don't get referrals. But I'm like,"None of my friends are qualified/willing to talk to a recruiter let alone join.

calebh180
02-04-11, 02:16 PM
Yep all the people I know are either going to college or all they care about is smoking weed and drinking and they are too ignorant to worry about what the hell they are going to do with their lives

RBrouse
02-04-11, 09:38 PM
Too bad you aren't a female lol!

ya I know sucks doesn't it lol I haven't found anyone either we must just have a bad ship date or something

firsttofight
02-05-11, 10:02 AM
me either man, i only know of a couple guys at my RSS that leave when i do, but no one else.

Buhler
02-06-11, 08:00 PM
I *HAD* 2 referrals a while back, but both of them pussied out before taking the ASVAB, so I now have none lol. And it's not looking like I'm going to find any more in high school lol. Just like Nerd said, they're all like "OMG UR GONNA DIE"

PooleeBogenrief
02-08-11, 10:21 AM
PFC for two refferals