PDA

View Full Version : The decom. of Nassau. An open invite.

Swampyankee
01-30-11, 03:05 PM
A few weeks ago I posted that the Nassua is about to be decommissioned, the details are now coming together. There's an open invitation for any Marine who was embarked upon her to attend the decom ceremony, (I'm sure they'll allow anyother as well). If'n anyone is interested PM me and I'll get you in touch with the swabbie liasoning with the committy. It's my understanding they're going to submit a list of those attending to the gateshack. As it stands, I'm the only grunt who has joined the association (I posted on their forum and submitted a photo of the ship taken from a mike boat).
I think facebook is being used as the comms of choice for the logistics of this.

MGySgtSki
01-31-11, 01:07 AM
Not that I could make it, but I did spend a little time on the Nassau. Team Work in '92 or so we floated to Norway on her.....until we cross-decked to the Guadalcanal.....good times and high seas. Only time in my life aboard ship that I was actually a little worried that the ship would just keep on rolling over and not come back upright.