PDA

View Full Version : mos 2100

echamp
01-10-11, 09:49 PM
Finnally got a job that i wanted, Ground Ordnance Maintenance. All the infantry and combat engineer mos were all gone. I heard they only do the weapons on the equiptment but also heard they do everything too. also was told they get deployed alot wwhich im looking for since i want to get some field time before the wars over. just looking to get more advice and information on the mos before i leave for boot.
dont want it to be one of those jobs were your always stuck on the base in a shop when i could be traveling with other marines.

echamp
01-10-11, 09:59 PM
to add to it i meant to travel to different countries to train with other marines.

SGT7477
01-10-11, 10:22 PM
It's Marines, Semper Fidelis.

Devil1087
01-11-11, 12:25 PM
Calm down sarge, if you can't help don't bother posting. There are two contracts you can sign that offer the 21XX field. The one you're looking at is a CF contract which is ordy tech/machinist. Ordnance techs basically work in the armory or on arty pieces. Some are deployable, some are not like most POG MOS' in the Corps.

The other side of 21XX is the AAV/LAV tech. That's a mix of automotive and body work combined with optics and weapon systems on board. There are plenty of AAV techs who have combat action ribbons. It's probably more dangerous than infantry if you actually ride in those things. For the most part they're unarmored tanks. RPG's DO NOT bounce off those ****ing things. the EFV is total sh*t, but at least it's armored...

The 21XX armored vehicle tech may sound cool if you want to work on guns and cannons, but keep in mind you're going to be doing automotive work as well. So if you're not a gear head already I do not recommend it. So basically look at the CF contract, it can be found in MCO 1130.53, google it, download it and search for 2111 or one of the fields in 21XX to pull up the contract.

Devil1087
01-11-11, 12:33 PM
Nevermind, the EFV got canceled like this week...

SGT7477
01-11-11, 12:33 PM
Calm down sarge, if you can't help don't bother posting. There are two contracts you can sign that offer the 21XX field. The one you're looking at is a CF contract which is ordy tech/machinist. Ordnance techs basically work in the armory or on arty pieces. Some are deployable, some are not like most POG MOS' in the Corps.

The other side of 21XX is the AAV/LAV tech. That's a mix of automotive and body work combined with optics and weapon systems on board. There are plenty of AAV techs who have combat action ribbons. It's probably more dangerous than infantry if you actually ride in those things. For the most part they're unarmored tanks. RPG's DO NOT bounce off those ****ing things. the EFV is total sh*t, but at least it's armored...

The 21XX armored vehicle tech may sound cool if you want to work on guns and cannons, but keep in mind you're going to be doing automotive work as well. So if you're not a gear head already I do not recommend it. So basically look at the CF contract, it can be found in MCO 1130.53, google it, download it and search for 2111 or one of the fields in 21XX to pull up the contract.
You could help us all by updating your profile, leave the sarge to the army, Semper Fidelis.:flag:

Devil1087
01-12-11, 03:10 PM
I don't want everyone here to know who I am considering I'm willing to speak my mind, not all of you like what I have to say and this website has a reputation for calling Marine's command over minor issues.

03Mike
01-12-11, 04:02 PM
"Sarge"?!?!

Just about every Marine NCO I've ever known would consider the appelation "sarge" an insult, or at a minimum, disrepectful.

I think that there's plenty of room to update your profile without giving away your identity... I mean, other than being a 10 year corporal.

Rocky C
01-12-11, 05:25 PM
I don't want everyone here to know who I am considering I'm willing to speak my mind, not all of you like what I have to say and this website has a reputation for calling Marine's command over minor issues.

Choose your words carefully.
Your stay here may be short.

SGT7477
01-12-11, 05:39 PM
"Sarge"?!?!

Just about every Marine NCO I've ever known would consider the appelation "sarge" an insult, or at a minimum, disrepectful.

I think that there's plenty of room to update your profile without giving away your identity... I mean, other than being a 10 year corporal.
Just shows why he gets into trouble, looks like he has something to hide, in my time he wouldn't have lasted long, Semper Fidelis.:evilgrin:

Devil1087
01-12-11, 08:37 PM
But.. you served in peacetime dude, unless you worked in the embassy of course, which would be a badass story kinda.

But hey, if ya'll got any help for the kid, please feel free to post it, thats all I know about that 21xx field..

SGT7477
01-12-11, 09:02 PM
But.. you served in peacetime dude, unless you worked in the embassy of course, which would be a badass story kinda.

But hey, if ya'll got any help for the kid, please feel free to post it, thats all I know about that 21xx field..
Nam didn't end until 75, far from peace time and what difference does that make anyway, a Marine is a Marine, Semper Fidelis.

Sgt Leprechaun
01-13-11, 01:39 AM
Take this....elsewhere.

And I want to see an updated profile "Devil"...otherwise your time here will be....shorter.

Also, 'sarge'? Come on. That calls into question for me if you are even a Marine, or just someone trying to cause hate/discontent.

Fix it. Take the rest of this to PM's.