PDA

View Full Version : Supplements

Hayes129
01-05-11, 11:03 AM
Hey there Marines. I have a question about weight lifting supplements and the drug test at Parris Island. I am a gym rat and I take a lot of supplements (nothing illegal all stuff from a place like gnc) I asked my recruiter a few days ago if any of the things that I am taking could show up as any type of drug and he said no but the way he said didn't sound like he was completely sure. Does anyone know if I could get into trouble for this. The things I'm on is a test booster, gh booster, anabolic stimulator, protein, pre-workout, during workout drink and a post-workout.

Lisa 23
01-05-11, 11:39 AM
In my opinion, stop taking the supplements you are now taking, you won't be able to take any of that stuff for the 3 months you're at MCRD.

Try using the search bar next time.......

Supplements
http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91930&page=2&highlight=supplements

Supplements
http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85848&page=2&highlight=supplements

Lisa 23
01-05-11, 11:42 AM
MCO lists banned substances <br />
<br />
4/1/2010 <br />
By Art Powell, Marine Corps Logistics Base Albany <br />
<br />
<br />
MARINE CORPS LOGISTICS BASE ALBANY, Ga. — Personnel at Marine Corps Logistics Base Albany are...

Wood5831
01-05-11, 11:48 AM
I guess it would come down to what particular drug they are testing you for and if that supplement can throw off the results. For the common drugs that they test for, I say no, it should not affect it. I was our Company/Brig SACO back in the day.

Honestly, you should stop taking that crap to begin with. You won't have it at PI so if you are depending on that stuff to get you motivated to PT, you better acquire a different method.

You don't need half that **** you are taking anyways. A good multivitamin, good protein shake and eat healthy and that is all you should need.

elliscraig12
01-05-11, 12:03 PM
You didn't specify what brand name you're using. Everybody has their own blend. If you get your supply through GNC you should be fine. If you still have any questions about what you take then talk to a doctor or dietician at your local hospital. Do you work out at home or go to a local gym. If you go to a local gym, do they have a certified trainer on hand? If not call your local university/college, even if it's a community college. If they have a sports program then they should have a certified trainer on hand. Ask them. You could also go to the NFL website and see if they have a list of banned supplements. They're pretty strict but you should get a good idea of what not to take. If none of this works then go to the Navy's website and see if they can answer your questions. Why the Navy? They provide medical services for the Marine Corps. One or more of these options should help. If all else fails then stop taking them until after boot camp. Then when you get to your new command you can go medical/sickbay and show your products to them first hand. I hope this helps you. Good luck to you and your future.

Hayes129
01-05-11, 04:12 PM
I dont use it to be motovated I dont need it to workout I use them to help get bigger and stronger. I'm not one of these people who signs up to be a Marine then grabs everything I can get my hands on cause I think it'll help at boot and have no idea what i'm taking. Also I do eat healthy.

Wood5831
01-05-11, 04:45 PM
Half of that crap doesn't do a thing to make you stronger and bigger. Working out, eating a good diet, lots of protein and rest is what makes you get bigger and stronger. Yes some supplements like multivitamins, fishoil help out as well. You are young, your testosterone is also enough to aid as well. You don;t need all that GH and anabolic growth stuff. I promise you, when you come back from recruit training, you will be stronger than when you left.

GerryBlaze
01-05-11, 08:24 PM
Hayes...
Yes...you can and will cause question in a blood test using any "andro" or "prohormone" as MOST of them(yes...even from GNC)cause a hormonal change in your body's chemistry.
DO NOT use them going into basic and go off them asap.
I've been training athletes for a long time(over 20 years)and I can tell you with certainty that you'll run the risk of failing test.

TheReservist
01-05-11, 09:56 PM
Marines do **** test for steroids but it has to be specifically asked for I.E. in the standard **** test it will be for stuff like weed and cocaine.

I can't say if all that fancy stuff, test boosters or whatever will cause a positive, sorry.

Gerry, what's basic? I knew it as boot.

GerryBlaze
01-05-11, 10:52 PM
LOL.....
Basic training is what us old folks called it(boot camp also) .

GerryBlaze
01-06-11, 12:53 PM
No need to gamble with your career, right. Since there is obvious doubt, just stop taking them. You wont be using that crap in boot camp, so might as well stop now. By stopping now you will be 100 percent positive that you wont pop on a **** test.
I most definately agree!
You'll be fine without it and in Boot camp all your strength comes from the heart.Its a mental battle.

TheReservist
01-06-11, 10:45 PM
LOL.....
Basic training is what us old folks called it(boot camp also) .

Times certainly have changed Ha.