PDA

View Full Version : Congressman Letter

Duellist17
10-05-03, 01:40 PM
Hi,

I wrote my congressman back in August to see what he could do about helping me get into the Marine Corps. (I needed a waiver for my vision) My recruiter told me on Sept. 11 that my waiver application was denied. I just got a letter from my congressman saying that the Marine Corps is currently reviewing my case. The letter is dated October 3rd (Yesterday) so its not like it got lost in the mail or anything. Anyone have any idea what this could mean?

Marc

Sparrowhawk
10-05-03, 05:19 PM
Its not an act of congress that will get you into the Marine Corps

Originally posted by Duellist17
Hi,

I wrote my congressman back in August to see what he could do about helping me get into the Marine Corps. (I needed a waiver for my vision) My recruiter told me on Sept. 11 that my waiver application was denied. I just got a letter from my congressman saying that the Marine Corps is currently reviewing my case. The letter is dated October 3rd (Yesterday) so its not like it got lost in the mail or anything. Anyone have any idea what this could mean?

Marc

TMM54
10-05-03, 07:21 PM
I don't know what your vision problem is, but I suggest working
on improving your vision. There are a lot of websites that
promote vision improvement. I wore eyeglasses for thirtynine
years, vision was 20/400 without glasses, and today I do not
wear glasses, with vision tested at 20/30. Eye strengthening
exercises work. Hope that they work for you. Semper Fidelis,
Tom

Red Dragon
10-06-03, 01:24 PM
If you should get a waiver for your vision, your record will be flaged, saying cogressional influence. Knew a few Marines who wrote to their congressmen, and they were sorry that they did. Caused themselves more trouble/problems than it was worth. DI's going to love you. LMAO

Red Dragon aka HL

CAS3
10-06-03, 02:06 PM
Same goes for vets who go to Congressman!