PDA

View Full Version : New year's prayer

Captain Kirk
01-02-11, 07:19 AM
I found this to be a great expression of God’s hope for us this year.

Thought you might like this one.

Doug Kirk

Chaplain

HoM, MCEA, I Corps Marines

Can you believe it, the end of the year 2010 will soon be history? New Year is the time to bid farewell to the old year and welcome the coming year. It is the time to forget, and get past the memories that are no longer useful or worth pondering upon. It is the time for new beginnings and new starts in life. New Year has a message for each one of us. One should be to let go of the past that has bad memories and accept what has happened, because it has happened for a reason. Instead of clinging onto your past and things that have gone, it is better to let go. There is an old saying that goes, "Don't cry because it is over, smile because it happened". You cannot turn back time and do things that would benefit you. Accept that some days you are the pigeon and some days you are the statue. It's those times in life that everyone has to go through...It means some days you're on top of everything and some days you're not. Some days you're doing the pooping on and some days you're being pooped on. Some days things go right and some days things go wrong. Time to accept fate. New Year is the time of new beginnings. It is time to start afresh and do things that would make someone else smile. Make a pledge to make at least one person happy. You will see the difference it can make in both your lives. The essential message of New Year is let go of the past and embrace life as it comes to you. You will be happier and merrier that way. While it is a normal human response to back away from painful lessons, sometimes we learn and grow the most from having to struggle our way through adversity. We need to take advantage of a learning opportunity and use our life situations to help us to grow stronger and to grow in faith. Each challenge is an opportunity for us to make choices consciously, and choose to either grow past our fears and stretch out of our comfort zone, or to retreat into denial. With each choice we can either accept or avoid our duties to ourselves, our ancestors, our God and our communities. Each choice is woven into the web of our destiny and changes us for better or worse. I will admit that, it was the truly difficult moments in 2010 that taught me the most. We learn the most about who we are and about the people in our lives when we are deep in crisis for only then do we see someones true character (or lack thereof) emerge. So, while I will not be sorry to see the year turn, I cannot avoid a grudging respect for the experiences and lessons and growth 2010 has brought. Being human, that hard-won understanding will not prevent me from praying like mad for 2011 to be a far gentler year for myself and all those I love. New Year is a wonderful time to reach out to your loved ones and express your heartiest good wishes to them. I pray that 2011 will be a year with New Peace, New Happiness and abundance of new friends, God bless you throughout the New Year.
May your New Year be blessed!
In closing my wishes for you in 2011
May your joys be as bright as the morning, and your sorrows merely be shadows that fade, in the sunlight of love.
May you have enough happiness to keep you sweet.
Enough trials to keep you strong. Enough sorrows to keep you human.
Enough hope to keep you happy. Enough failure to keep you humble.
Enough success to keep you eager. Enough friends to give you comfort.
Enough faith and courage in yourself to banish sadness.
Enough wealth to meet your needs.
And one thing more:
Enough determination to make each day a more wonderful day than the day before.

I leave you with my thought

Thought for Today,
Friday, December 31, 2010
We will open the book. Its pages are blank.
We are going to put words on them ourselves.
The book is called Opportunity and its first chapter is
New Years Day.

This will be my last email until the New Year. God Bless.

"People will forget what you said,
People will forget what you did,
But people will never forget how you made them feel"

If you enjoy my inspirations I encourage you to share my inspirations with your friends;
When forwarding my letters, I ask that you keep my name and contact information intact in order for new readers to find their way back here by clicking below.
Your honest cooperation will be appreciated.

Marcella's Inspiring Collection
To Subscribe, Click Here
To view my website Click Here

There is power in prayer.
Send your prayer requests and your praises to:
prayer-n-praises@heavenboundgroups.org

Read more: http://vietnamicorps.proboards.com/index....4#ixzz19sqM9nEJ (http://vietnamicorps.proboards.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=chaplain&thread=244#ixzz19sqM9nEJ)

Read more: http://allmarine.proboards.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=chaplain&thread=120#ixzz19sqecz9W

USNAviator
01-02-11, 07:29 AM
"Make a pledge to make at least one person happy. You will see the difference it can make in both your lives."

Another great post, thank you Doug.....And Happy New Year to you and your family

TazMatt
01-02-11, 07:45 AM
Captain Kirk once again thank you for your inspiring words.They mean much more to me than you will ever know as I go through this life of adventure.

wildwoman73
01-02-11, 08:04 AM
Shared!

doc h fmf
01-02-11, 09:04 AM
Thank You Doug, May You And Your Family Have A Happy Healthy And Blessed 2011.
Semper Fi And Godbless You My Brother.

Stephen Doc Hansen Hm3 Fmf