PDA

View Full Version : Bataan Death March Survivors

lindadh53
12-16-10, 10:55 PM
Recently purchased a book by col.Glenn D. Frazier, Excelent Book ( Hell's Guest )... but he's Army , want to research anything on the march from a Marin's point ...My Father survived.. came home , married ,and had 4 children One of which I am ...the baby to be exact...he died when I was 12, just wanted to know more about what he may have been like ...I know nothing , and I feel robbed ..I remember him being very stern , and Proud ...pont me in the right direction .....

linda1945
12-16-10, 11:58 PM
First of all, fill out your profile!

USNAviator
12-17-10, 05:37 AM
Bataan was pretty much an Army event. This is all I could find re. the Corps

"On Corregidor, there were 15,000 American and Filipino troops, consisting of anti-aircraft and coastal defenses, along with the Fourth Marine Regiment, recently arrived from China (December 1941), less a detachment stationed on Bataan, as part of a Naval Battalion. Despite some writings to the contrary, again dealing in "legends," the Fourth Marine Regiment did not participate in the defense of Bataan. Their mission was beach defense on Corregidor. Approximately 43 Marines arrived in Camp O'Donnell after completing the Death March."

The odds of finding much on the subject from the Marine's perspective is remote at best

SGT7477
12-17-10, 08:29 AM
Is the word army allowed on our site? Semper Fidelis.

GT6238
12-17-10, 09:44 AM
My wife's uncle, an old Marine, had several friends die in the March or the subsequent imprisonment. He's 86 or 87 and still hates the Japanese. He's not forgiving.