PDA

View Full Version : Be Strong

Captain Kirk
12-12-10, 06:19 AM
I love to hear people’s stories. I love to hear how people’s lives have been changes, their bodies have been healed, their marriages and families have been made whole, and their finances have been fixed.
Testimonies give you a picture of hope. You can listen to someone’s story and know that that can happen for you, too. And, although faith isn’t produced by a story, it does aim you at Jesus.
I’m excited to be at a church that has those kinds of stories on a regular basis. In fact, we have too much evidence. This week, for example, Sarah Traylor shared her story.
When Sarah was two years old, she had an asthma attack. She turned blue. When she was officially diagnosed with asthma at age five, she began a regular regimen that included breathing masks and inhalers. She carried inhalers with her everywhere she went. She had one in her purse, next to her bed, and in her car.
Random things would trigger an attack. Sarah couldn’t be exposed to cold air, or run the vacuum because of the dust. She couldn’t even drink a thick milkshake. And, she absolutely couldn’t miss a dose of her inhaler medication. She had been hospitalized more time than she could count. Her mom even said that, as a child, it was easier to just take her with her to work at night in the ER than to get a phone call from her dad that she couldn’t breathe.
Sarah had been on medication nearly thirty years. A few weeks ago, that all changed.
Sarah heard Amy’s testimony http://freefallmediagroup.net/www.amyshelaine.com/?p=237 (http://freefallmediagroup.net/www.amyshelaine.com/?p=237) and it hit her so hard she couldn’t speak – she had done just what Amy had done – she had accepted what the doctors had said was normal for her. She repented for trusting and believing what the doctors had said over what God had said. She received her healing right there in her chair and, from that day forward, she hasn’t had to take her inhaler or use any medication.
In the pocket in her purse where her inhaler used to be, Sarah now carries a piece of paper full of healing scriptures. Why is that important? Because, when you’re healed you have to fight for it. You have to believe God. You have to do things like carry scriptures around so that, when you don’t feel like you’re healed, you can remind yourself, and the enemy, of what God has said.
We have to find out what the Word of God says about our situation and we have to stand on it. We have to speak only what God has said about our situation.
Look at the story of Joshua with me.
Joshua had been mentored by Moses, and Moses had died. So here Joshua was taking over this huge nation of people – millions of people. He was responsible for them through this wilderness journey. It was a big job.
What did God say about Joshua? He told Joshua that He would give them every place they set their foot. Then He said that no one would be able to stand against Joshua all the days of his life. Then, God said – listen to this – “I will never leave you nor forsake you.”
Now, Joshua could have looked at his situation and said, “You’ve got to be kidding me, Lord.” He could have looked at the millions of people surrounding him and said, “You want me to do what with these grumblers? With all the problems Moses had? This is impossible!”
But he didn’t.
Joshua heard God say that He was with him and to “Be strong and courageous.” In fact, God went on to command it when He said, “I have COMMANDED you to be strong and courageous.”
God said that because He knew Joshua was going to be tempted to be terrified and discouraged. He reassured Joshua that he wasn’t alone. He basically said, “Hey, it’s not just you here. It’s you and Me. I have promised never to go anywhere. We’re going to get this job done.”
The task that was set before Joshua was impossible without God.
The task that is set before you is impossible without God.
In order to make it possible, you’re going to have to do a few things.
First, you’re going to have to take your eyes off of who you think you are and set them on who God says you are.
Abraham was called by God to leave his family, his hometown –everything – because he was promised something that wasn’t even possible in the natural. He was past the age of bearing children and he willingly gave up everything to walk out the promise.
God told Abraham to lift up his eyes, and Abraham obeyed.
That’s the first thing you must do – lift your eyes up from where you are.
We have a tendency as human beings to pay attention to the details around us, or to what was behind us, but you can’t go someplace new if you aren’t looking. So, where do we look? To God! Let Him show you who you really are and who He has made you to be. Look to Him and His Word and let Him affirm you.
Then, you’re going to have to hear what God says and walk it out. Because, more than likely – like Joshua and Abraham – you’re going to be called to go someplace you’ve never been before. They had to walk it out. So will you.
You have to know that God has promised to be with you, to give you the direction you need, and to make it happen with you, no matter what problems may arise. Because God loves when the odds are stacked against Him. That’s when He shines. You don’t need God if you’re going to walk in the possible. You don’t need Him if you’re going to play it safe, and never venture outside of your comfort zone.
But if you want a life full of stories, victories, and conquests – things you want to pass on to your grand kids – you must learn to be uncomfortable. But know that God is faithful. He has a plan. He’s not caught off guard or taken by surprise. He knows all the details, and He has the answer.
So, train yourself to hear His voice, to think like He thinks, and to know His good and perfect will. And, when He tells you something, WRITE IT DOWN! Take ownership of it. Say, “That’s mine!” They’ll be pressure against it, but you can defend the position because you know what God has said to you.
Then – stand! Stay the course. Don’t quit. Don’t throw in the towel. Stay focused. Don’t panic. Guard your heart. Meditate on the Word day and night. Say what God says. Make the Word life to you. Don’t try to do it without God’s help.
After all, He’s promised never to leave you nor forsake you.
And, if God is for you, who can be against you?

doc h fmf
12-12-10, 06:58 PM
Amen!! That Is So True Doug!!!
Godbless You Doug, I Love Your Threads They Inspire Me And Help Me Through The Week.
Semper Fi!!!

Stephen Doc Hansen Hm3 Fmf

MontezumaCpl
12-12-10, 09:11 PM
Amen Brother!