PDA

View Full Version : 0861 and ANGLICO

Ironman715
12-03-10, 03:46 PM
I am curious how the selection for ANGLICO is made. I understand that ANGLICOs come hold a 0861 MOS but beyond that it is not clear how a 0861 gets an ANGLICO spot. Is this a matter of volunteering or is there more to this than that? Any information would be great. It is hard to find information about ANGLICOs. From what I understand they are very similar to the Air Force TACP field.

Thank you for your information and your time.

'Mike

we51a
12-14-10, 03:11 PM
getting into ANGLICO out of the schoolhouse on your first enlistment is luck of the draw...however, you can request ANGLICO through your monitor and you'll usually be able to get hooked up. On the enlisted side the operators consist of 0861s and 0621s. The team leader is an 0802 or 0302 JTAC, and ANGLICO operates similar to the AF combat controllers

CHOSIN 67
03-13-11, 01:32 AM
2D ANGLICO Marines are mentoring Afghan National Army forward observers during the ANA’s first live-fire artillery exercise outside Gereshk, Afghanistan.

Hey Tweeter, Good Luck with that. Remember the ANA at PB Samsor, I wouldn't trust them to touch a radio much less CFF. At any rate you looks like this deployment will be a little less kentic than our last one. You may be teaching more than just ANGLICO boots this time around. Take Care Bro

Hit me up on www.1anglico.org