PDA

View Full Version : Intel deployment questions...

sdkmcqueen
11-28-10, 01:46 AM
Alright, I have a few questions and a search didn't turn much up. So here goes:

1. As an Intelligence Analyst what is your deployment schedule like? Is it 7 out and 7 in or does it vary?

2. Can an Intelligence Analyst deploy as an individual augmentee? Are they barred from doing that? (No specific reason, just wondering.)

That sums it up for now. Any info would be appreciated Marines! Thanks for your time!!!

jairen
11-28-10, 07:14 AM
1. It's going to vary by unit. No one can foresee deployments.
2. I wouldn't think they would be barred from doing it, but there might not be much reason for a intel guy to fill a IA billet. Usually those go to people who are filling a vacancy because they want to deploy because their unit isn't going out any time soon.

Mxzero
11-28-10, 06:30 PM
Unless you're leaving the wire, it's generally a 12 on 12 off thing. Outside the wire, it's more like 21 on 3 off.

You couldn't go augment an infantry unit as an 03xx. You can, however, get sent to another unit to deploy with them in your field. Some guys are sent out to support different units directly while in country though.

sdkmcqueen
11-28-10, 07:56 PM
Unless you're leaving the wire, it's generally a 12 on 12 off thing. Outside the wire, it's more like 21 on 3 off.

You couldn't go augment an infantry unit as an 03xx. You can, however, get sent to another unit to deploy with them in your field. Some guys are sent out to support different units directly while in country though.

I think I didnt make myself clear. My mistake. When I was referring to "7 out 7 in" I was referring to tours in country. 7 months in the 'stan and 7 months state side. Also, does every FOB have intel guys?

dizark
12-02-10, 12:05 AM
Really depends on unit and their rotation schedule. Typically, 7 months in country, 14 out, but like my unit, we rotate often and will be back in country in less than a year.

sdkmcqueen
12-03-10, 10:47 PM
The reason I'm asking is because I would like to at least slip in one deployment to afghanistan while we're still there. I know that as a 02XX I will most likely be behind a desk for the whole deployment but I just want the satisfaction of saying "I've been to afghanistan". If I get in on some of the fight then that will be an added perk, but all I want to do at this point is serve my country.