PDA

View Full Version : Railroad Tracks in MCRD San Diego

jeonpaolo
11-21-10, 11:17 PM
This is probably the most question ever but why is there railroad tracks in MCRD San Diego?

josephd
11-22-10, 12:52 AM
Because the depot used to be a prison and they brought in prisoners on those tracks from all over the western US :crazy: :shaking head:

Seriously though, the depot sits on one of the oldest/most original grounds of San Diego. The depot itself is considered a historic landmark. Back before there were things as cars and airplanes, trains is how everyone traveled.

SGT7477
11-22-10, 10:53 AM
So gang members have something to do.

Zulu 36
11-22-10, 06:45 PM
Because the depot used to be a prison and they brought in prisoners on those tracks from all over the western US :crazy: :shaking head:

Seriously though, the depot sits on one of the oldest/most original grounds of San Diego. The depot itself is considered a historic landmark. Back before there were things as cars and airplanes, trains is how everyone traveled.

It's also how equipment and supplies were delivered to the depot. Many military bases have railroad tracks for the exact same reason.

Moderboater
11-23-10, 03:49 AM
Railroad tracks...when I was a recruit in San Diego I never saw them..I guess I really didn't have to much time to look :P