PDA

View Full Version : Husband's EAS is in two months! Reenlistment taking forever!

Mestisa81
11-19-10, 01:49 PM
So my husband is a 6113 and has been in for 5 years-still active duty, never got out. He's still an E4 due to an unfortunate rifle range score. It was bad, Expert to Marksman- I think he was super stressed about being told he was deploying in a 3 week time frame and the fog didn't help but he knows it is what it is...no excuses he says. Anyway, other than that, not a blip on his record. All MCI's are done. Pros and Cons were good, no NJP's, no written warnings (unsure of correct term) First class PFT AND CFT...and at the 17-26 age level! (He joined late at the age of 27;). Has all his qualifications. His EAS is 1-2-2011. He sent his package in for reenlistment as soon as they would let him; end of September I believe. Career planner told him there were enough open spots and that his package is at HDQ's.
So that long explanation is to ask...how long will his package sit at Headquarters?! He just returned from AFG in the beginning of August. I used the deployment money to pay off all our debt and move closer to family. So moving back to NC, renting a place, having to buy a new car (ours finally died) and trying to find a job has really hurt our finances. We are dead broke! Can't even pay all of our electricity bill and our daughter needs new warm clothes. I feel so broken right now. Since his EAS is so soon I don't think the NMRS can help nor the scamming military loan places. Of course the bonus will be a blessing but at this point I just want his EAS to change so we can get a loan if need be. Is there anything he can do to speed this up? Could they maybe not accept his package? With only 2 months left on his EAS...I'm terrified! Any advice would be appreciated!

Muztang11
11-19-10, 09:58 PM
At the very least the Career Planner should be putting in an extension for a couple of months to make sure the re-enlistment has time to go thru. Boatspaces are very hard to come by this year and you don't want to be left out in the cold on 1-3-2011.

josh9971uw
11-20-10, 06:59 AM
It seems all MC HQ paperwork is slow this year, having said that as far as some resources to check out, I believe Military one source and MWR might be good starting points for financial guidance and family assistance.