PDA

View Full Version : quick question

bwood92
11-17-10, 12:04 PM
i dept in in augst and went reserves and now i wanna switch to active duty but it pushes my leaving date back 4 months is there a loophole around this i herard that you have until the last day of boot camp to decide?

tdrt
11-17-10, 12:54 PM
i dept in in augst and went reserves and now i wanna switch to active duty but it pushes my leaving date back 4 months is there a loophole around this i herard that you have until the last day of boot camp to decide?

I assume you've spoken with your recruiter about this. If there was a "loophole", you would have been informed of it. Remember, your recruiters have quotas based on Reserve/Active. You may have to accept the fact your ship date will be moved back to fill an Active slop unless one opens sooner.

josephd
11-17-10, 01:13 PM
no loophole, your ship date is based on whether or not your are active or reserve. You can't just decide to switch, its a completely different contract.

If your questioning yourself being in the reserves, save yourself now and just go active duty. You have probably been told by your recruiter it is easy to switch over, well its not at all.

Sgt Leprechaun
11-17-10, 11:47 PM
And there you have it. Also, as the resident 'grammar Nazi'...yours is horrible. I had to read your post twice just to try and understand what you want.

There are no 'loopholes' per se. It is what it is. Listen to the recruiter and have them work with you.