PDA

View Full Version : MECEP chances

irpwns
11-12-10, 12:41 PM
Ive spoken with a Recruiter and im here to verify my information.
I do know if I want to accomplish what I want, its ALL ON ME.

In end terms, Im looking to achieve becoming a Marine, Officer, and Pilot.

My Recruiter ensured me that if I do very well on my ASVAB and SAT tests, and also get an Accel'd Bach degree. I would very a great candidate for MECEP? So as long as I score great on ASVAB, SAT, and PT, how good are my chances on getting accepted?

josephd
11-12-10, 01:44 PM
If you had a bachelors degree already you would not go through MECEP program. MECEP is intended to send a Marine through college, OCS, and commission

Any sort of commissioning program from the enlisted side is going to be VERY selective and is intended for NCO's and SNCO's with exceptional leadership abilities to be able to take an opportunity to become an officer. It is not for freshly enlisted Marines with high scores and college degrees.

Your recruiter should not be filling your head with all this officer business that he has no clue about.

josephd
11-12-10, 01:50 PM
I also just noticed that you were the on who asked the question about meritorious commissioning and I answered that question in the same fashion.

And just like I posted above, any sort of enlisted to officer commissioning program is intended for NCO's and SNCO's with proven leadership capabilities.

If you want to be an officer, go talk to an OSO, go to OCS, finish college, and commission. Trust me when I say this because it is coming from personal experience, if you know you want to be an officer don't waste your time and the Corps's time by enlisting.

irpwns
11-12-10, 04:38 PM
I dont know if this makes a difference, but I meant achieve my bach degree through the Marines while enlisted. Also im not sure how fast ranks move, but it would be roughly 2-3years to achieve degree.

Kegler300
11-12-10, 04:51 PM
If you obtain your degree before you plan to enlist, you should contact the OSO in your area. If you decide to enlist prior to that, MECEP is an option to complete your degree while on active duty, or ECP if you have your degree.

irpwns
11-12-10, 05:17 PM
Its only for NCO's and SNCO's? So how could I do MECEP if I plan to earn degree before achieving Corporal?

Kegler300
11-12-10, 05:37 PM
You can't. Those are your options, though.

Yonkers
11-12-10, 06:34 PM
As said above, you can't get it without being an NCO.. and my SDI got into the program.. he said it was very hard to get into it because a lot of people want in.