PDA

View Full Version : Becoming an officer

itsy
11-07-10, 02:37 PM
I'm a senior in highschool right now. My GPA is a 2.8 right now and I plan to bring it to a 3.0 by the end of this year. Even if I couldn't receive the scholarship right away I still want to go for it. From the looks of it I'm going to have to take a couple semesters at community college (Orange Coast College) before a transfer. Is there anyway I could enroll in the NROTC college program while going to Orange Coast College? Or would I have to wait till I transfer. Waiting for my recruiter to get back to me.

Zulu 36
11-07-10, 04:42 PM
I'm a senior in highschool right now. My GPA is a 2.8 right now and I plan to bring it to a 3.0 by the end of this year. Even if I couldn't receive the scholarship right away I still want to go for it. From the looks of it I'm going to have to take a couple semesters at community college (Orange Coast College) before a transfer. Is there anyway I could enroll in the NROTC college program while going to Orange Coast College? Or would I have to wait till I transfer. Waiting for my recruiter to get back to me.

NROTC is a four-year program conducted at some regular universities. Not all universities have NROTC. Community colleges do not have ROTC programs. If one has prior enlisted military experience, usually the first two-years of ROTC are waived. However, with no military experience, you have to take the whole four-year deal.

lcplbagochips
11-07-10, 07:42 PM
Have you checked out the platoon leader's course? It's not as much college money, but it still makes you an officer.

itsy
11-07-10, 11:30 PM
Have you checked out the platoon leader's course? It's not as much college money, but it still makes you an officer. Awesome, It is hard to pay for college but hell I'll make it happen. Thanks

itsy
11-08-10, 02:03 PM
Also forgot to add that I have a shoplifting charge from when I was 15 years old. Would this be a automatic DQ?