PDA

View Full Version : Marines i found somthing that had me worried

luis2787
11-04-10, 11:25 AM
http://militaryadvantage.*************/2010/10/2011-military-pay-debate/

do you think there gonna cut troops? and also what about all us new poolees coming in well they get cut after a few years this had me quite concerned.

DanM
11-04-10, 11:51 AM
Do a forum search,troop cuts always happen after armed conflicts.

03Mike
11-04-10, 03:31 PM
Yup - history will tell you that:

1. after a major conflict, Congress will cut military end strength.
2. after a major conflict, the number of commitments for smaller contingencies will go up.

For those of you who haven't taken the "Math for Marines" MCI, that equates to "fewer troops + more deployments = increased optempo". Welcome to the big leagues.

What does that mean in the DEP? Probably nothing. You won't feel it until maybe it's time to re-enlist.

luis2787
11-04-10, 04:23 PM
Yup - history will tell you that:

1. after a major conflict, Congress will cut military end strength.
2. after a major conflict, the number of commitments for smaller contingencies will go up.

For those of you who haven't taken the "Math for Marines" MCI, that equates to "fewer troops + more deployments = increased optempo". Welcome to the big leagues.

What does that mean in the DEP? Probably nothing. You won't feel it until maybe it's time to re-enlist.

thanks for the info =)

jairen
11-06-10, 01:24 PM
The Marine Corps is already reducing numbers.

Reenlistment bonuses are shrinking or disappearing. They're making it harder to enlist. They're offering several programs for Marines to EAS earlier than their contractual service specifies. Don't worry, they can't fire you before your contract is up. If they do they'll be in violation of the terms of your agreement and they'll probably have to pay you for the remaining service on your enlistment.