PDA

View Full Version : careers after the Marine Corps

eli wilkerson
10-01-03, 07:45 AM
I am interested in a career in law enforcement after the Marines, what jobs in the Corps would best prep me for a career in law enforcement?

BGMFH
10-01-03, 08:12 AM
In my opinion, any Marine is qualified for a job as an Officer of the Peace. But for direct experiece, look at Infantry, Legal Services, and Military Police and Corrections. 03, 44, and 58.

Chain Breaker
10-01-03, 08:13 AM
I would think Security Police. I know a lot of Air force guys who did that. (were AF SP, then got a job in law enforcement)

But thats me. ;)

airframesguru
10-01-03, 10:40 AM
Most of my MP friends From MCAS Quantico went on to get jobs with local and state police.

MW

Red Dragon
10-02-03, 01:45 PM
Before you even think of your life after the Marine Corps, you have to become a Marine, that should be your only goal at this time. If you are thinking of using the Marine Corps as a stepping stone to further your career, than you are not Marine material. Remember not all make it as Marines, that is way "We Are The Chosen Few".

I was asked to join a few different Police Departments, and I was not a MP, etc. I know a few Marines who became Police Officers after their enlistment was up, they were not MP's either, etc.

Red Dragon aka HL

HepCat
10-03-03, 09:07 PM
It seems to me that alot of people join for different reasons. Whether or not he's thinking about a career after the Marines doesn't mean he's not Marine material. I've never heard of a recruiter turning anyone down because they want to do other things after they get out and are interested in how the Marines could benefit them to that end.. I'm pretty sure that's why ALOT of people join different branches of the military, Marines or otherwise.

tommydawg
10-04-03, 04:04 AM
I knew once I graduated from boot camp that the Marine Corps would be in my blood forever, even if I did not stay for another hitch, but I knew that the Marine Corps gave me the self-confidence to know that I could be anything I wanted to be career wise, Even if I did not achieve some goals I pursued, I knew I gave it my whole 110% because anything less was unacceptable being a U.S. Marine. I always approached everything I did with the attidude that if you are going be something, be the best there is in that field. I could not have had this attitude without my Marine Corps background. It is something that only a fellow Marine can understand. Every new job I started I asked if there were any Marines working there, and when they knew I was a Marine, it seems like they would take me under their wing and help me any way they could. It just goes without saying.

cplT
10-16-03, 02:27 AM
My little brother was killed by a drunk driver on July 4th(of all days), I was solid in the fact that I was going to do the full 20, but after that happened I realized that there are just as many terrorists at home then there are abroad. I swore to defend my country against all enemies, foregin and domestic. That runs through your veins not just in one ear and out the other. I think it's a good thing for the PD's to have military experience in their ranks, because this fire in our hearts will never go away once our DI's put it there, so that means for the people at home, that they dont have to worry about the bad guys over seas or the ones in their back yards. So sleep easy, the Marines are on duty.