PDA

View Full Version : Officer Advice/Thoughts

Sardaukar87
10-26-10, 10:31 PM
Hello, I'm a senior in college, looking to talk (or PM, as realities go) with an officer. I've already decided for certain on the military, and am looking at the Marines, and OCS.

Sardaukar87
10-26-10, 10:49 PM
Yes, the nearest office is in Berkeley and happens to be about two blocks from where I live. I'm not really looking at officer vs. enlisted question, though I have read that thread, but rather I'm looking for a non-recruiter sort of perspective about it.

josephd
10-26-10, 10:50 PM
go to marineocs.com, it is a site/forum meant for officers and candidates.

Sardaukar87
10-26-10, 10:54 PM
Thank you very much for the link. Not always easy to find things online. Would still appreciate anything from anyone knowledgeable here, as well.

josephd
10-26-10, 11:08 PM
Thank you very much for the link. Not always easy to find things online. Would still appreciate anything from anyone knowledgeable here, as well.

I was in the PLC(platoon leaders course) program about 5 years ago. Being that your a senior you would go OCC (officers candidate course). I will tell you that OCC is a helluvalot more competitive PLC. Make sure you running a solid high 280 up to 300 PFT.

indygti
10-27-10, 04:08 AM
What kind of questions do you have? I'm not currently in any type of commissioning program but I am a prior service enlisted going to school to become a Marine officer. You could always just ask what you're curious about and I (and the rest of us) will do our best to answer your questions. I assume a lot of your questions revolve around the daily life of a Marine officer and all that right?

03Mike
10-28-10, 01:31 PM
Brain (Sardaukar87) - sent you a PM if you want to discuss thoughts about becoming an officer. Personally, I think it's appropriate to discuss it on this section of the board (until their is an OCS section) because a lot of folks are going through the same process deciding to enlist or seek a commission. But we can discuss through PM if you want.