Marine draft???
Create Post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Marine draft???

Marine draft???

newbee here... Question: was there ever a draft for the Marines during Viet Nam or was that strictly an Army thing??? Thanks in advance.

There were 42,000 Marines drafted during the Vietnam war years.

Thanks...

And at least one of those drafted ended up running patrols on a USMC Recon team for 13 months.

A heck of a Marine

Quote Originally Posted by manilalaguna29 View Post
    There were 42,000 Marines drafted during the Vietnam war years.
    I am a living, breathing Marine draftee. Drafted directly into the Corps with 5 others in May, '68. Only one of us ended up a 03.

Trained a lot of Marine recruits who were drafted. Most were more mature and older than the other recruits and most became Marines with little or no problems.

joseywales
    Guest Free Member
    four year old thread lets see if we can find some that are ten

My guess is it is either trolls or a bot. Because it is always someone who it is their first post never someone who joined in like 2012 or anytime after the day the post is made.

josephd
    Guest Free Member
    they get dug up because when they search topics like this on Google or other search engines and this web site/forum shows up. They have never been to this site before so they register just to post in a thread that is ages old, they don't pay attention to that kind of thing.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by josephd View Post

they get dug up because when they search topics like this on Google
    or other search engines
    and this web site/forum shows up.

They have never been to this site before ,
    so they register just to post in a thread
    that is ages old,
    they don't pay attention to that kind of thing.
    That sounds pretty close .
    His profile shows he posted about 4 places yesterday
    IT also shows he went thru Boot and earned the title..

He's old enough, and like me,
    really doesn't give a $hit.

Marine1011
    Guest Free Member
    He better Start giving a s$it and read the old threads but don't addto tehm leave em be. once in awhilesomeone will ask a question, hey what do I do about this, and the question was in 2009, someone today will come along and say oh you should do this, that's really stupid as the original guy probably died of old age.
    wake up and post responsibly and while sober

Yes, you are right on some points. I did just join because of a Google search. Even though this thread is old, it is of interest to me.
    I am not a troll. I am not a bot. I am and was sober. I am looking for others that entered the Corps through the draft.
    Sometimes old threads need to be resurrected. I believe "Old Marine" felt it was worth a response.

I will continue reading and may post to some older threads. No need to answer this.
    SF

USMC 2571
    Guest Free Member
    Welcome to the site. There is a small group who hate to see old threads brought up, but those are chiefly when the original poster asks a very specific question and the thread is 8 years old, and the specific answer doesn't even apply anymore, it was asked 8 years ago! But there are some here who don't like the idea of bringing up old threads, period, but to each his own. You're doing fine.

USMC2571,
    Thanks for the welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by marine1011 View Post
    He better Start giving a s$it and read the old threads but don't addto tehm leave em be. once in awhilesomeone will ask a question, hey what do I do about this, and the question was in 2009, someone today will come along and say oh you should do this, that's really stupid as the original guy probably died of old age.
    wake up and post responsibly and while sober
    I believe that some of the old threads are great. Maybe its because I am old, sober and don't give a ****e. Some are really moldy, but interesting to read. This particular thread is a great thread and I have seen this question asked many times on other threads. Oh well, continue to take a 30" step.

Thread Information