How long is 8152 MOS training?
Create Post
    Marine Family Free Member
    Credits
    Savings

How long is 8152 MOS training?

My son completes ITB in a couple of weeks and will be going to Virgina for 8152 security school. Does anybody know how long 8152 training is?

following links show 42 days, I do not believe weekends are included in this number
    http://www.tecom.usmc.mil/TIP2006/TI...mos_tracks.pdf

The basic school at the Training Company is 6 weeks.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by thewookie View Post
    The basic school at the Training Company is 6 weeks.
    Typically, after the six weeks, will he then be sent to a duty station (if that's the correct term), or is there more training before he goes to the fleet?

Quote Originally Posted by ttkt57 View Post
    Typically, after the six weeks, will he then be sent to a duty station (if that's the correct term), or is there more training before he goes to the fleet?
    Yes, there's basically three places for him to go after the basic SF school; a PRP command where he'll be guarding nukes and other special assets; a non-PRP command where he'll be guarding non-nuclear assets, or to one of the FAST companies.

Later on, he could go back to the Training Company for more training that's offered there.

BTW -- He's not going to the fleet, MCSF duty is not really "fleet" duty. He's in the FMF or the larger picture,, but he's really on special assignment. He will go to the fleet once he finishes his time with MCSF.

Tell him to stay out of trouble -- just focus on getting away from the schoolhouse and to his first command. A lot of young Marines get in stupid trouble there because for the first time in their "career" they are given a pretty good amount of rope.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by thewookie View Post
    Yes, there's basically three places for him to go after the basic SF school; a PRP command where he'll be guarding nukes and other special assets; a non-PRP command where he'll be guarding non-nuclear assets, or to one of the FAST companies.

Later on, he could go back to the Training Company for more training that's offered there.

BTW -- He's not going to the fleet, MCSF duty is not really "fleet" duty. He's in the FMF or the larger picture,, but he's really on special assignment. He will go to the fleet once he finishes his time with MCSF.

Tell him to stay out of trouble -- just focus on getting away from the schoolhouse and to his first command. A lot of young Marines get in stupid trouble there because for the first time in their "career" they are given a pretty good amount of rope.
    Thanks for your careful reply, especially for a better definition of "fleet." It takes a while to master the lingo; this Marine dad has stuck his foot in his mouth more than once during the learing curve.

Quote Originally Posted by ttkt57 View Post
    Thanks for your careful reply, especially for a better definition of "fleet." It takes a while to master the lingo; this Marine dad has stuck his foot in his mouth more than once during the learing curve.
    No problem, the lingo, verbiage, and acronyms are enough to make your head spin. PM me if you need anything else. I finished my time in the Corps working at the Training Company, and while I am sure some thing have changed, for that duty,, most things havae not changed that much.

And then there's the ever so motivating 8th&I Presidential guard detail. Do you know what specifically he enlisted for? FAST gets a fair amount of free time, I've got some buddies there. PRP gets a good amount of Close Quarters training.

Credits
    Savings
    Quote Originally Posted by JSam View Post
    And then there's the ever so motivating 8th&I Presidential guard detail. Do you know what specifically he enlisted for? FAST gets a fair amount of free time, I've got some buddies there. PRP gets a good amount of Close Quarters training.
    He enlisted for security forces MOS 8152. He was mainly interested 0311 but wanted the additional security training for future civilian jobs he's looking at.

My son is in Security Forces and is stationed at the Naval Base near Bangor,WA.(PRP). He has gone on to further training for CQB (close quarters battle). It's good duty from what he says.

My son right now is in SOI and will graduate on 2/04 and then he goes to SF school in Va. He too wants to persue LE career later on and thought MCSF would offer him top notch training for civilian LE agency's SWAT. What can he do to get into FAST or RTT? He has 1st class PFT and CFT scores as well as his expert pin from his Quals at PI. I know the needs of the Corps creates the openings but are there any options along the way to help you get your preference? Do they use any criteria for accepting SF School Grads. for FAST Co?

Quote Originally Posted by JaysProudDad View Post
    My son right now is in SOI and will graduate on 2/04 and then he goes to SF school in Va. He too wants to persue LE career later on and thought MCSF would offer him top notch training for civilian LE agency's SWAT. What can he do to get into FAST or RTT? He has 1st class PFT and CFT scores as well as his expert pin from his Quals at PI. I know the needs of the Corps creates the openings but are there any options along the way to help you get your preference? Do they use any criteria for accepting SF School Grads. for FAST Co?

Wayne, I will return your PM in the morning. But in short, and to help others -- the best thing that he can do to get what he wants (FAST) is to let as many people at the Training Company know that. You know the old saying,, the squeaky wheel gets the grease. It will help his cause if he can max out everything he can, and keep asking for the chance. They screen for FAST Company at the Training Company. So, if he is locked on,, he should get a chance. He won't get a shot at RTT/CQB school until he is assigned to FAST (or whatever unit he is assigned to, hopefully that being FAST), he will have to finish the basic school, and then go to FAST, and hope for a seat from there.

More details in the morning.

Thank you and I look fwd to your pm.

Can a Marine in the field of security forces 8152 mos go to college while in service?

I am currently a poole in my office. I have many aspirations in life, which is why i am joining the Corps, but i also have plans to do something afterwards. I would like to become a federal agent after the completion of my enlistment, and for that to happen i need a four year college degree. i currently sign for five years in the Corps, and as you see that is taking a lot of my college time. but i would like to know if it is possible to go to college or take online classes while i am a security force guard. i understand that if you are a Marine that should be your number one priority.is it possible to go and take some college courses?Can anyone please help me, this is a big desicion that i am doing and i would like to know my options and routes that i could take if i am to join for a big amount of time in the fleet.

Last edited by Lisa 23; 11-10-12 at 09:30 AM. Reason: Site rules...on this site, Marine and Marine Corps are always capitalized.

Thread Information