Is it normal to get nervous alot before boot camp?
Create Post

Is it normal to get nervous alot before boot camp?

I've been reading this forum for a while and just finally decided to make an account, keep up the good work Marines.

I signed up for 03XX field in the Marines last September, my recruiter called me and said their is a slot open in July and im leaving July 25th. All ive wanted to do since i was little is serve my country and be one of those guys that you see on the battle film fighting with his men. I just get butterflies alot and just play scenarios in my head that could happen like IED's, Snipers, Kicking in a door and not knowing whats on the other side Etc...

My friend left in may to Recruit Training and hes going 0300 also. He said its normal and that everyone thinks of the possibility of dying before you leave and and if the decision was right for you, you just have to get the sand out of your vagina (sorry for the languange lol) and face the facts that if its your time theirs nothing you can do about it. Though i know this is the hard truth i kind of have a hard time accepting it. Though i know this is what i want to do how can i get this fear that i have inside me? I dont want to end up getting paranoid before i even get on the bus to leave.

If your not nervous then you must be dead. Completely normal. Don't worry about it too much, you can make it through. Many before you have and so will you. Stay calm and go with the flow.

You are jumping into "the great unknown." If your not a little scared, something is wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by firedog974 View Post
    You are jumping into "the great unknown." If your not a little scared, something is wrong.
    I hear you brother, I came from a big Marine Corps family. There was not a day growing up that I didn't hear my Dad, Uncle, and others talking about the Military, and Marine Corps. Even with all of that culture immersion at such a young age, and into my teen years, I was still scared lol. I remember the only thing my dad telling me besides shaking my hand when I left was, "Watch Your Back Out There Boy". When your old man, a Sgt. Of Marines tells you that, and its the only thing he tells you. Well that will make you nervous haha. Semper

Quote Originally Posted by blackhawk92 View Post
    I've been reading this forum for a while and just finally decided to make an account, keep up the good work Marines.

I signed up for 03XX field in the Marines last September, my recruiter called me and said their is a slot open in July and im leaving July 25th. All ive wanted to do since i was little is serve my country and be one of those guys that you see on the battle film fighting with his men. I just get butterflies alot and just play scenarios in my head that could happen like IED's, Snipers, Kicking in a door and not knowing whats on the other side Etc...

My friend left in may to Recruit Training and hes going 0300 also. He said its normal and that everyone thinks of the possibility of dying before you leave and and if the decision was right for you, you just have to get the sand out of your vagina (sorry for the languange lol) and face the facts that if its your time theirs nothing you can do about it. Though i know this is the hard truth i kind of have a hard time accepting it. Though i know this is what i want to do how can i get this fear that i have inside me? I dont want to end up getting paranoid before i even get on the bus to leave.
    What you are feeling is very normal. I would suggest you quit worrying about it at this time. Let the Marines teach you what you need to know. Armed with that information.... you will be amazed how differently you will feel. If you end up going to combat....will you be scared? You better be or you will never pass the psych exams!

Ears open and mouth shut. You will be fine.

Thread Information